• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Financial - County Court a Business Centre Claim Form Received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot Financial - County Court a Business Centre Claim Form Received

Ok, yes you need to wait for the 28 days plus about a week on top to be sure - check with they court that it has been 'stayed' - then write and ask the claimant to discontinue else you'll be applying to the court to strike out their claim as an abuse of process.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by gallahad View Post
      I am in the same position and I do not think we can do anything except wait for their next move. I believe they will not come up with any documents and therefore the case will be stayed indefinately. This is their plan B as it will prevent the statute barred from coming into force.
      G
      Hi galllahad what happens regarding the SB as I'm confused with the stayed indefinitely comment.

i believe this debt may be SB already as last payment was April 2008

Comment

As you didn't plead the debt being Stat Barred in your defence, if they do come up with the documents you would need to amend your defence to argue SB as well as against any anomolies within the documents.

If a case becomes stayed due to the claimant not responding to the court about your defence, then it can be stayed indefinately unless you get the court to strike it out.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          As you didn't plead the debt being Stat Barred in your defence, if they do come up with the documents you would need to amend your defence to argue SB as well as against any anomolies within the documents.

If a case becomes stayed due to the claimant not responding to the court about your defence, then it can be stayed indefinately unless you get the court to strike it out.
          I have checked online today an the case is still live. I have since wrote again asking both Cabot and Restons to withdraw the claim. I am getting no response.

how do I applied to the court to have the claim removed? Is there a standard letter I can send or do I call them..
          thanks

Comment

You need to apply for the court to strike the case out I think the form you need is an N244.
            G

Comment

Originally posted by gallahad View Post
              You need to apply for the court to strike the case out I think the form you need is an N244.
              G
              Hi there, I am getting no where with this. I have looked at the N244 and it appears I have to pay a £155 fee to submit this?

surely if no documents are produced the claim should be thrown out anyway. Does this ever happen?

is the N244 the only option to get this claim set aside?
              ive had no reply from Restons or Cabot regarding my request to withdraw the claim even though Cabot has sent me a letter saying they can not produce the documents

If I have no other choice I will have to submit the N244 but I'd prefer not to have to pay the fee as Cabot/Reston's shouldn't be allowed to submit claims when they can not provide proof of a debt in the first place

any help would be appreciated I just want this to be over

Comment

Also is there any time restraints regarding submitting the N244 and at what point/time limit does the claim usually become stayed?

Comment

Has the claim not been stayed by the court yet?

Yes an application is £155. The claim will only be thrown out if the court orders production of documents by a certain date and the claimant fails to do so.

SO the claimant just not responding to a defence just puts the case on hold. inherently unfair in my opinion but we're stuck with it.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    Has the claim not been stayed by the court yet?

Yes an application is £155. The claim will only be thrown out if the court orders production of documents by a certain date and the claimant fails to do so.

SO the claimant just not responding to a defence just puts the case on hold. inherently unfair in my opinion but we're stuck with it.
                    Thanks Amethyst for your reply. Not had any notification of stayed as yet?

i have been routing through old paperwork and found some old bank statements dated back to April 2007

I have clearly not made any payments to this account/credit card since that date or had or made any contact with Lloyds since,

i honestly beleive this is statue bared

should I alter my defense or is it to late? Or write to Restons stating I beleive the debt is statue bared or just file the N244

thanks

Comment

Firstly I'd give the court a call and ask what the current status of the claim is.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X