• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

threat of prison if i dont attend court to do with welcome finance debt. please help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• threat of prison if i dont attend court to do with welcome finance debt. please help.

An old debt from 2008 with welcome finance and i was advised poorly and told to ingnore everything about this including any court letters.

Well basically now i have to attend court to avoid 7 days prison.

The debt with welcome is rubbish as i had the car no more than 2 weeks and they had it back but deny this.

How do i proceed in court can i ask for any sort of adjornment or anything as i havent got a solicitor or any paperwork etc.

Regards

Luke
    Tags: None

Re: threat of prison if i dont attend court to do with welcome finance debt. please h

Yes you have been advised poorly. Is this a statement of means hearing? Your time and opportunity to defend this debt has pretty much gone.

Frustrating as it sounds like there's a genuine dispute on this.

You must go to court with all the documents , evidence of income etc they ask for.

Do you want to give a bit more background on the debt and how it got to this position, and who the flip advised you to ignore it all.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: threat of prison if i dont attend court to do with welcome finance debt. please h

Basically i bought a car from a garage that dealt with welcome. The evenimg i picked the car up the car didnt run well wouldnt go over 40mph and it took me over 6 hours to get home less than 80miles. Contacted the garage about this and as i taken warranty out they said they would send it somewhere. It went to a garage in manchester bearing in mind i live by birmingham. The car was up there for a year as the garage were refusing to pay repair charges and storage as it was ther so long even tho i had warranty and in the meantime i had told welcome i was not paying any payments until this was sorted. Anyway after a year i finally got the car back and the problem wasnt fixed and basically i refused to pay any payment on the car until it was fixed which then one day while i was a work welcome had sent a vehicle recovery firm and took the car back which in a way i was happy about as i wouldnt have to pay for it but them after a while they sent letters saying i still owe them etc and then lots of companies had sent letters i lost track and then didnt here nothing until march or april this year which was a court doc. And now i have ignored 2 court appearances and now im in this situation where i need to go and looks like end up having to start making payments for i car i dont have

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X