• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Unfair dismisal ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unfair dismisal ?

update - I checked the costs of the employment tribunal which turns out to be approx £1000. This would be to contest the dismissal. He is not in a position to meet this cost as he hasn't had an income for such a long time. His solicitor is going to establish if the Union has paid this fee upfront prior to withdrawn from the case. If they have we are going to try and do it ourselves. I think he has a case for sex discrimination too as if he were a woman he would not be having to deal with this issue in the first place.
    Is there any way of proving sex discrimination when I am unaware of similar cases with this council ?

Dear StevemLs - how can the SSSC prove someting that didnt happen on the balance of probabilities particularly when the court didnt believe the accusations that were made. Does the court ruling not give his version of events more weight as the court are able to investigate in far more depth than the SSSC could ever do

Comment

Originally posted by qteas View Post
      update - I checked the costs of the employment tribunal which turns out to be approx £1000. This would be to contest the dismissal. He is not in a position to meet this cost as he hasn't had an income for such a long time. His solicitor is going to establish if the Union has paid this fee upfront prior to withdrawn from the case. If they have we are going to try and do it ourselves. I think he has a case for sex discrimination too as if he were a woman he would not be having to deal with this issue in the first place.

Is there any way of proving sex discrimination when I am unaware of similar cases with this council ? Balance of probability!

Dear StevemLs - how can the SSSC prove someting that didnt happen on the balance of probabilities particularly when the court didnt believe the accusations that were made. Does the court ruling not give his version of events more weight as the court are able to investigate in far more depth than the SSSC could ever do - I was thinking the same thing last night as the tribunal and SSSC would have to fit the criminal court ruling in to their equation when summing up their decision!
      See above - By way, you don't have to carrying on the pretext as to this being your brother after you said it was about you last night. Theres nothing to be ashamed off!
      Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Indeed, it would be for the SSCS to prove that what they allege is more likely than no, it is a lower standard of proof than the criminal standard - which I am sure you understand as a copper.

I have now view on the facts as put by you - how could I?

I was simply trying to point out this potential problem you face.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks guys by the way I'm not a copper just a very worried man trying to cope as best I can.
          But thanks for your help so far with this. Generally speaking my life has been in trauma since all this happened and every time I think I'm getting to the end I've been kicked in the teeth. The onlything that keeps me going is known I was innocent and my family obviously in addition to hoping I can get back to work and start rebuilding my life although I will never recover the thousands I have lost

Comment

Well ive now been told by my solicitor that i wont have to pay the nearly £1000 tribunal fees. In addition it would be very unlikely that i would be liable to pay costs as i have a valid reason to make a claim. However ive to tell them before Monday if i want to run my case on my own. I cant afford to pay a solicitor to present my case.

The dilemma at this stage is if i go to the tribunal and cant persuade them that dismissal was not within the band of reasonable responses the SSSC would use that against me when coming to a determination of my case. On the other hand if i dont go to the tribunal they may perceive this as some sort of admission that i agreed dismissal was reasonable.

My old employers position remains to be irrespective if i was the perpetrator or the victim i had a duty to report these difficulties to my employer. Bearing in mind by the time of my internal appeal the employer knew i was innocent of the accusation leveled against me.

What do you think ?

stevemLS, teaboy2
            Last edited by qteas; 18th December 2014, 22:04:PM. Reason: added VIP members names

Comment

Well ive now been told by my solicitor that i wont have to pay the nearly £1000 tribunal fees. In addition it would be very unlikely that i would be liable to pay costs as i have a valid reason to make a claim. However ive to tell them before Monday if i want to run my case on my own. I cant afford to pay a solicitor to present my case.

The dilemma at this stage is if i go to the tribunal and cant persuade them that dismissal was not within the band of reasonable responses the SSSC would use that against me when coming to a determination of my case. On the other hand if i dont go to the tribunal they may perceive this as some sort of admission that i agreed dismissal was reasonable.

My old employers position remains to be irrespective if i was the perpetrator or the victim i had a duty to report these difficulties to my employer. Bearing in mind by the time of my internal appeal the employer knew i was innocent of the accusation leveled against me.

What do you think ?
              Go for it, as from what i can see you have nothing to loose by doing so!
              Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Comment

Tribunal bundle - can I add anything I feel is relevant to this ie guidance on supporting victims of domestic abuse, a letter from my GP as evidence of my depression caused by the abuse had suffered at the time, the latest police update on their investigation into my ex- partner behaviour and history of domestic abuse including previous false allegations

Comment

Tribunal bundle - can I add anything I feel is relevant to this ie guidance on supporting victims of domestic abuse, a letter from my GP as evidence of my depression caused by the abuse had suffered at the time, the latest police update on their investigation into my ex- partner behaviour and history of domestic abuse including previous false allegations
                  Its better to include as much as you can, if there's anything that's irrelevant the judge will point this out at the pre-hearing! So even if your doubtful about something, include it anyway! Plus more you include the more work it makes for the ex employers legal team too! mashappy:

Don't however include something you think could go against you or be used against you!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

My request for postponement is being opposed as per the below email. Ive taken out the name of the barrister for the other side just in case it would get me into trouble.

This request for a postponement of the hearing is opposed by the Respondent.

Many if not most claimants are unrepresented in the tribunal system. The claimant may not be aware of this, but the presiding employment judge will make sure he (the claimant) is aware of what he needs to do to present his case and to challenge the Council’s defence.

It is also relevant that the claimant’s state of knowledge is unlikely to alter in any material way between the date presently fixed to start the case (14/1/15) and the “beginning of February” by which he says he will be more able to present his case.

Comment

Why did you feel the need to request a postponement?

Comment

Total dread and fear but also so I could gather up documents to support my case. I know it's going to happen anyway I just feel I need a bit more time. But if they stick to the date scheduled I'll just make sure I'm as prepared as I can be. I would also like to go to a tribumal first to see what is like. But generally just petrified

Comment

Total dread and fear but also so I could gather up documents to support my case. I know it's going to happen anyway I just feel I need a bit more time. But if they stick to the date scheduled I'll just make sure I'm as prepared as I can be. I would also like to go to a tribumal first to see what is like. But generally just petrified
                            Its not that bad actually at tribunal, its a fairly comfortable experience and they are usually pleasant towards you, especially when you are representing yourself. If your able to sit in in one in your local area to get a idea of what to expect then you should do so.

Comment

Am i allowed to request the opportunity to interview and take statements from the respondents witnesses as i think the statements given have been manipulated by the respondent

Comment

Hi
                                I'm just an onlooker in this case.

I've had one experience with an ET, I was the only one at the time represented by a solicitor (legal aid on Household policy), most just represented themselves. It was complex case, employer in administration.
                                I found the Judges (Tribunal) very supportive, not a threatening situation

One of my relatives is a Social Worker, she found that the LA, her employer were very pinicky about aspects of her private life, not fair but reality. A dispute about money paid to a babysitter was reported to them, she was advised to settle (not big money) rather than fight on principle.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X