• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

I have spoken to TSB twice on the phone they are sure that I cant get my money back I will now
    write to them. Thanks EXC

Comment

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

Would be worth trying by phone again, but this time insist that you are passed to someone more senior. Say that you want to make a formal complaint that you have been misled the last time you called about your rights to chargeback on the card.

Comment

Hi EXC
        I did not set up a direct debit I paid with a visa debit card I am with TSB I have phoned them
        3 times explaining about BPS, they informed me again my card is the same as paying cash, and the can not get the money back. regards john

Comment

Originally posted by tedbury View Post
          Hi EXC
          I did not set up a direct debit I paid with a visa debit card I am with TSB I have phoned them
          3 times explaining about BPS, they informed me again my card is the same as paying cash, and the can not get the money back. regards john
          Did you send the letter that was put on here for you to the bank ?

I would if you can also email the CEO of TSB and explain how his staff have no idea re charge back rules with a copy of the letter you have written to the bank (if you have done so)
          Here is the CEOs email address Paul.Pester@tsb.co.uk

Comment

Okay, as well as bugging TSB, you need to write to UK services and Support formally requesting a refund by post. Keep a postage receipt.

Tedbury
            address
            address
            address

DATE

UK Services & Support Ltd
            Suite 11
            8 Deer Park Road
            Wimbledon
            London SW19 3GY

Dear Mr Howard

MR TEDBURY - Ref xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - LETTER BEFORE ACTION

I am writing to request that you reimburse me the value of £117.60 that was paid to you on xx/xx/2015. I have not received a reply to my emails dated xx/xx/2015, xx/xx/2015, xx/xx/2015 regarding my request for a refund. If I do not receive a satisfactory response from you within 14 days of the date of this letter, I intend to issue proceedings against you in the county court without further notice. This may increase your liability for costs.

I request the refund on the grounds that I was misled into using the website www.britishpassportservices.co.uk under the belief it was the official HM Passport Office Website. No service was provided to me, I did not intend to enter into any agreement with your company and did not require any of the services offered by your company. My intention was to book an appointment with my local HM Passport Office. Your company did not book any appointment for me at the HM Passport Office.

It is my contention that your company's advertising, conduct, express words, and overall presentation of your website was such that it created confusion as to:
            a) The nature of the service being provided;
            b) The nature of your relationship with the Her Majesty’s Passport Office (“HMPO”);
            c) the main characteristics of the service;
            d) the extent of the your commitments;
            e) the direct or indirect sponsorship or approval of your company as an official service provider for UK Passports;
            f) the price or the manner in which the price is calculated;
            g) the need for the use of the your alleged services;
            h) the nature, attributes and rights of the company

I will, amongst other evidence, rely on the ruling of the Advertising Standards Authority (“the ASA”) against the Claimant dated 17 September 2014 in relation to the Claimant’s website. Specifically, the Defendant will be relying on the ASA’s ruling that:
            a) The website misleadingly implied that it was the official website for HMPO; and
            b) The website was misleading, because it did not make clear that the fee charged was a service charge only, and that an additional fee was payable to HMPO to obtain a passport.

I would like a reply as soon as possible so that I know you have received this letter. If you don't agree to the refund, could you please then send me a detailed response saying why you don't agree.

If you agree then a refund can be made by refunding the amount paid to my Visa Debit Card or by sending a cheque, made payable to xxxxxxxxxx to my address as above.

To avoid taking court action, I am willing to use Alternative Dispute Resolution to resolve this problem.

I refer you to the Practice Direction on pre-action conduct under the Civil Procedure Rules, and in particular to paragraph 4 which sets out the sanctions the court may impose if you fail to comply with the Practice Direction.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely

Tedbury
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by tedbury View Post
              Hi EXC
              I don't think you're going to get too far talking to a lowly call centre operative. You need to write to TSB formally requesting a chargeback on the basis that you didn't receive the service you understood you were paying for. If they don't respond positively then make a formal complaint for which they'll have to give you a final response within 8 weeks and if they don't refund the payment you can then take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.

Comment

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd Passport Scam

I went on line and tried to book an appointment for a new passport and accidentally made an appoinntment with UK Passport services. When I realised it wasnt the government site I called to cancel my appointment. Only to be told that "the work had already been done" so would sill owe then the noney. They called and called and called me pestering me for the money over time but I ignored them. Then I started to receive threatening letters. I googled this company and found a lot of people saying they are trying it on and to ignore threatening letters which I did. Long story cut short, I now have a CCJ and court order to pay. Where do I stand with this??

Comment

Hi Pinkbella - welcome to the forum.

Did you receive the court documents and ignore them, never receive them or did you submit a defence to the claim ?

How long after completing BPS online form did you call them to cancel ? and did you attend the appointment at the passport office made by them ?

Sharon
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    Hi Pinkbella - welcome to the forum.

Did you receive the court documents and ignore them, never receive them or did you submit a defence to the claim ?

How long after completing BPS online form did you call them to cancel ? and did you attend the appointment at the passport office made by them ?

Hi. No. I didn't. I ignored everything thinking it would go away. I didn't really understand what I was getting. Too late now

Comment

It may be that you can get the judgment set aside.

Can you tell us how long after completing BPS online form did you call them to cancel ? and did you attend the appointment at the passport office made by them ?

Comment

Well you can apply to set aside the judgment, but it carries an upfront cost of £155 which there is no guarantee of getting back, and usually a hearing to decide whether a set aside is appropriate. As you ignored the court papers it does make it trickier than if you simply hadn't received them.

It really depends how strongly you feel on the principle of this. You can fight it or you can pay it and put it down to experience.

If you pay it you need to do so within 28 days from the judgment order date - and ensure you have evidence of the payment so you can inform the court it has been paid to save the judgment being registered against you and entered onto your credit file.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

I have today received a letter from the County Court Business Centre headed "Notice of Transfer of Proceedings" and now have to wait to hear from the court in Bristol who will allocate the claim to track and give case management directions.

Does this take time? and will this cost me anything when I go to court?

Thanks.

Comment

It shouldn't take too long to get hearing date. It doesn't cost you anything unless you lose of course but the chances of that happening are pretty remote. My guess is that BPS won't turn up for any of the hearings anyway.

Comment

Thanks, I take it no-one has gone to court yet? I'll wait for the date then.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hi I've just received a court date today for April 30th....According to the paperwork the claimant/Richard Howard has until April 7th to pay the £25 hearing fee or the case will be removed from the list....let's hope that he doesn't bother to pay!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X