• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

In today's Mail on Sunday.

Copycat website boss confronted: Jeff Prestridge grills Richard Howard of British Passport Services
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/bil...-Services.html

NOTHING TO DECLARE! He's happy to charge huge fees and send emails threatening customers with court... but when we track down the Passport Profiteer to a dingy industrial unit he is unusually silent
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/new...ly-silent.html

Comment

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

Yes was about to post the same about the daily mail! He must be feel the heat coming his way and should really keep a low profile!!! Do we know if he is still issuing court claim since the last two weeks?

Comment

Haven't seen one dated March YET....
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes, interesting to see if he continued to issue after the BBC and 1st MoS article.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            Haven't seen one dated March YET....
            I think [MENTION=62826]peterpiper70[/MENTION] 's in post#1002 would possibly be dated after the BBC and first Mail pieces.

Comment

Forgotten about that one. Drat.

Wishful thinking overriding common sense there.

Comment

i'm so glad so many of you are looking into this.

Yesterday I found an e-mail from UK Passport regarding my unpaid invoice and on it was a link - my name settlement my invoice, I look to have a look at the invoice now which is now dated Feb 2015, the last one was dated Nov 2014 but I filled their form out in April 2014.
                I then had a text saying they have just seen me looking at my invoice and why hadn't I continued to pay the bill 30 minutes ago. Can they see what you are doing? I never replied to the text which was signed Sam Harris.
                Has anyone else experienced this?
                I am now waiting to hear back from the court with a date to go to court and have asked them how much are they claiming for? The up to date invoice now says I owe them £197.60 so they have only added £80 ! lucky me. I have blocked they calls and e-mails so they can only charge me for letters which I haven't had since the one last Nov 14.

Comment

Yes I have had one last week.

Comment

Hi Magoo xxx

Don't worry they aren't spying on you they have auto emails/texts set up to go out when there is a hit on a link in one of their emails or you visit a specific page on their site. We know Sam Harris doesn't exist and is Richard Howard, but really it was just a computer programme texting you....designed to intimidate you into paying. I think it would be quite scary if you weren't aware of all the other victims going through similar experiences.

Most people only started getting invoices and emails in November time, and court claims seem to have started end of December, regardless of when you first used their website.

Sharon
                    xx
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
                      i'm so glad so many of you are looking into this.

Yesterday I found an e-mail from UK Passport regarding my unpaid invoice and on it was a link - my name settlement my invoice, I look to have a look at the invoice now which is now dated Feb 2015, the last one was dated Nov 2014 but I filled their form out in April 2014.
                      I then had a text saying they have just seen me looking at my invoice and why hadn't I continued to pay the bill 30 minutes ago. Can they see what you are doing? I never replied to the text which was signed Sam Harris.
                      Has anyone else experienced this?
                      I am now waiting to hear back from the court with a date to go to court and have asked them how much are they claiming for? The up to date invoice now says I owe them £197.60 so they have only added £80 ! lucky me. I have blocked they calls and e-mails so they can only charge me for letters which I haven't had since the one last Nov 14.
                      Yes they can see who has visited the page as they have your IP address from when you first filled out the form.

Did you need to enter any password to access the account yesterday?

Comment

Thanks Sharon
                        Has anyone gone to court and won against them? I can't believe how many people they have named on their site as winning cases - unbelievable !!

xx

Comment

No account number or password but the link was something like fredbloggssettlemyinvoice.org.uk I just clicked that and my invoice came up. I don't like going onto their site at all and in the last year have only been on their once or twice.
                          Last edited by EXC; 9th March 2015, 20:24:PM. Reason: Changed name

Comment

Thanks Sharon
                            Has anyone gone to court and won against them? I can't believe how many people they have named on their site as winning cases - unbelievable !!

xx
                            They haven't 'won' any cases as such, they're all default judgments that are automatically 'won' if the defendant doesn't respond to the claim. Of the 30 people on here who ARE defending, no claim has had the hearing yet.

Comment

That's reassuring, so I'll just wait for the court date.
                              xx

Comment

No account number or password but the link was something like fredbloggssettlemyinvoice.org.uk I just clicked that and my invoice came up. I don't like going onto their site at all and in the last year have only been on their once or twice.
                                That's interesting because they password protected them a week or so ago, you must have slipped through the net.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X