• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSION

< ADDED BY ADMIN
    >

Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues
    I have started putting some guidance together http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...455#post522455 for BPS victims.

If you don't already have a thread for your specific case please start one in this forum http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...Website-Issues and call it something like FREDSMITH v BPS - claim received XX/XX/2015

PLEASE REDACT ANY PERSONAL DETAILS IF YOU UPLOAD DOCUMENTS.

Please read overview of the thread:
    http://legalbeagles.info/consumers-s...port-websites/

If you have been affected please make complaints:
    Your local MP - find yours here:-
    https://www.mysociety.org/who-is-you...Fe_JtAodF2MABg
    BBC Watchdog programme:-
    https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact
    BBC Radio 4 - You and Yours:-
    https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qps9/contact
    Action Fraud :-
    http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud
    Citizens Advice:- 03454040506
    Information Commissioners Office - 0303 123 1113 - if your data is available on a publicly accessible link

If you have a country court claim against you - please post on this thread and email admin@legalbeagles.info with a copy (redact your personal details) of the claim form, and any information which may help with your case.

As SOON as you receive a court claim register on the MoneyClaim online gov website and ACKNOWLEDGE the claim with intent to defend in full. This gives you a month to sort through the issues and form a defence to the claim.

< / end added by admin >
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there

I received the below email from a web site called UK passport services. They are threatening court action as I supposedly owe 144 pounds. This web site is one of the CLONE UK passport websites that extract money under false pretenses for renewing passports.

In my case I filled in the details on the site and prior to payment realized that the website was a scam and clicked out of it.

I didn't think anything of it until Three months later when the emails asking for money started dropping in.

What should I do?

Many thanks
    Please accept this email as your Final Chance to pay the outstanding £144.10 without us having to issue Court Proceedings against yourself.
    You can pay now at:
    After 12 noon today our compliance team will proceed with the committees instructions and lodge a UK Services & Support Ltd vs case with Her Majesty’s court where by we will also be seeking reinbursement for the £25.00 issuing fee and claiming 8.0% per annum on the £144.10 as permitted by the Courts of England.
    We encourage you to check the “Register of Judgements” for our company UK Services & Support Ltd (Company Number: 08644308) as you will find that no company or individual has been successful in securing a Judgement against our company. For being “misleading”, “deceptive”, having an unclear website, having unfair contract terms or any other matter. Whilst maintaining this record will vary on a case by case basis going forward we are confident that in the matter of the unpaid monies that you owe our organisation we will achieve another victory for our company should we need be forced to use the judicial system to recover the funds.
    You have until 6:00pm this evening to settle this invoice. To pay this invoice simply visit:
    otherwise please be on the look out for the Court documents which will arrive at: three to five days after issue.
    You can find your contract, invoice and the Overdue Invoice Charges to date at:
    This email should be considered as the last part of our Pre-Action Conduct required by the Ministry of Justice.
    Kind Regards
    [COLOR=#444444][FONT=Arial]Charles Mercer
    British Passport Services
    Collections Department
    Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline 03454 04 05 06
    52.63%
    BBC Watchdog
    15.79%
    Action Fraud
    15.79%
    Local MP
    5.26%
    Advertising Standards Agency
    10.53%
    Trading Standards directly
    0.00%
    Last edited by Amethyst; 27th February 2015, 20:56:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: UK Services &amp; Support Ltd Passport Scam

Originally posted by aviduser View Post
    I received the below email from a web site called UK passport services. They are threatening court action as I supposedly owe 144 pounds. This web site is one of the CLONE UK passport websites that extract money under false pretenses for renewing passports.

In my case I filled in the details on the site and prior to payment realized that the website was a scam and clicked out of it.

I didn't think anything of it until Three months later when the emails asking for money started dropping in.

What should I do?
    Hopefully you didn't provide them with any bank account or card details, did you? :noidea:

If not, I'd just report the email here: http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
      Hopefully you didn't provide them with any bank account or card details, did you? :noidea:

If not, I'd just report the email here: http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud
      I did!

Luckily the details were wrong, I was in a rush doing the whole thing, it was AFTER my transaction was declined that I went away and came to realise that the site was a scam.

HELP

Comment

Are they guessing with a guilt conscience or had you previously accused them of
        ''you will find that no company or individual has been successful in securing a Judgement against our company. For being “misleading”, “deceptive”, having an unclear website, having unfair contract terms or any other matter. Whilst maintaining this record will vary on a case by case basis going forward we are confident that in the matter of the unpaid monies that you owe our organisation we will achieve another victory for our company should we need be forced to use the judicial system to recover the funds."
        lol

Can you report the company and website to trading standards e crime department pls ... http://www.tradingstandardsecrime.org.uk .... as well as action fraud

Did the company actually undertake any work for you? Have you applied for your passport through the proper channels now?
        Last edited by Amethyst; 9th December 2014, 21:15:PM.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

From their site (though seems to be down ATM)

'British Passport Assistance

We provide independent services and advice whether this is your first passport or need to apply for a replacement passport due to theft or loss then we can assist you. Our services and charges are separate to that of Her Majesty’s Passport Office as our package includes provide document checking, email, international freephone, multilingual staff, form translation and passport photograph services & support as well as many other value added services. Our fees can be avoided by visiting the Post or Passport Offices incurring just the passport fee (still due if using our service as we are an unaccredited company without any government license). We also save the applicant time, travel and accommodation expenses by providing the applicant with a Passport Office Appointment Exemption where by we attend the applicants 1 week and 1 day appointment for them and the applicant simply receives the new passport via courier days later. Need an Appointment Today?'''

'
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I have de same problems.

Comment

If you receive court documents (unlikely in my opinion) then make sure you post up here as soon as possible and we'll help you respond. Other than court papers I would simply ignore them and file any letters away for future ref.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-(COPYCAT-WEBS
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

I found this:
                  http:// www. consumer-rights. org.uk

Ian McDonald 33 from Blackpool was preparing for his annual holiday to Tenerife when he couldn’t find his passport. Stressed and desperate not to miss his holiday he searched the Internet for “Emergency Passport Renewal” and came across the website www. britishpassportservices. co.uk completing their online form for their Appointment Booking Package receiving his appointment hours later via email and sms. Three days later he attended his appointment to find that he had not paid the passport fee but paid for a range of services from an unofficial third party website.
                  Last edited by Amethyst; 2nd February 2015, 22:10:PM. Reason: removed links

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    If you receive court documents (unlikely in my opinion) then make sure you post up here as soon as possible and we'll help you respond. Other than court papers I would simply ignore them and file any letters away for future ref.
                    Many thanks

Will update if I receive them. Have subscribed to this thread so would be interested if anyone else has had the same issue. I would be surprised if they wanted to goto court.

Comment

If possible would you be able to forward me a copy of the email you received from them threatening court action please. admin@legalbeagles.info . (take out any personal info )
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

I will send to you

Comment

As you are clearly refusing to make payment for the work we have done for you I can confirm that a Compliance Team meeting has been scheduled at 1:30pm on December 12, 2014 where one of the items on the agenda is to make a decision on whether to Court Proceedings should be issued against you to recover the £117.60 should payment not be received within the FINAL 14 day payment window that we are required to provide as part of our formal Pre-Action Conduct.

Please note that Overdue Invoice Charges will now be added to your account (rates agreed in the contract: http://charges.britishpassportservices.co.uk)

The agent assigned to your account Sam Harris will be attending and submitting evidence of the work done on your account to the four members of the compliance team in attendance. Each member will be given a copy of the notes that have been archived on your account. This includes a full list of the phone calls you have had with our company and the emails which you have exchanged with our agents.

Right of Reply - Should you have any further comments or documentation that you would like the committee to be aware of please forward these to us no later then 5:00pm on December 11, 2014 so that it can be reviewed and copies can be made for those attending. In addition to this if you would like to participate in this meeting via a conference call we can arrange for the facility for you to do this. Either you or your solicitor will be given a telephone number with a unique 5 digit pin number that will allow you to attend from your office or phone. In addition to this a copy of the minutes spoken at the meeting will also be available 3 days later should you require them.

Obviously the primary document which will presented to the committee will be the contract signed by yourself, containing your computers I.P. address XXXXXX and guarantee that payment will be made to us within 72hrs.

You can find your signed contract, receipt and breakdown of charges added to your account at: XXXXXXX
                          The agenda of the meeting has been set as follows...

12/12/2014 Meeting

First 5 Minutes - Welcome & Introduction by the Chair person of the meeting
                          10 Minutes - Sam Harris presentation on the work done on the xxxxxx account & efforts made to recover the fee (Clerk - please hand out copies of the contract to participants)
                          20 Minutes - Open discussion about the merits of pursuing the xxxxxx debt
                          15 Minutes - Open discussion on which recovery method to use (i.e. outsource to debt collector, issue Court Proceedings etc)
                          5 Minutes - Vote by show of hands on which action to take. (Clerk - inform the Legal Department of the committees decision)
                          30 Minutes - Meeting to adjourn for 30 minute break after which the second item on the agenda is to be discussed

It is not a requirement that you attend this meeting via telephone or forward any further details of why you are not paying us for the work that we have done however you have the option to attend if you wish. Services performed for you...

Your Unpaid Invoice: XXXXX

Pre-Action Conduct - As required by the Courts of England we are obliged to provide you with notice before issuing a Court Case and so although we have not yet made a decision about the next step of enforcing the debt that you owe us please accept this email as part of our "Pre-Action Conduct" (whats this?) providing you with formal notice that we are considering issuing Court proceedings to recover the £117.60 from you. As stated since the beginning of our communication with you we remain keen to resolve this matter in an amicable manner however we have been unsuccessful in doing so. Should you change your mind then we welcome a settlement without the need to issue proceedings at any time.

You can make a payment at any time at: XXXXX

I shall advise you via text message and email of the decision of the committee by the end of December 12, 2014

Comment

Thanks Campana, they have gone to town on that letter haven't they, Blimey, you must feel very honoured that they are having a whole meeting and a vote all about just you ! Lol

How far did you get along the process with them, did they Perform, any services for you ? Did you sign any contract?
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

I signed the contract, but they did not book any appointment for me. I can't prove now because this has happened in March and the passport office told me that they don't hold any records.
                              the good things is that ASA found them misleading

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X