• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

claimants threats after I have paid ccj

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• claimants threats after I have paid ccj

I run my own company as a go between with venues and entertainers. An entertainer took me to court for disgrimination, data protection n other issues. I counter claimed as the claimant had an outstanding debt to my company n was making 1.00 payments now and again. I did at first send the debt to a debt collector. The case was heard early october n the judge said it was down to contract law and nothing else. He awarded a small amount of money on the claimants side but also stated that the claimant had been in the wrong as well. On the counter claim for the debt I was awarded the full amount plus interest. I paid the difference between the judgements with in 14 days of the court date and thought the matter would now be over. Ive now received a text message from the claimant stating £1.00 had not been accounted for at court n I owed him it and because I had sent the debt to a collector his credit rating had been ruined and he wants compensation otherwise he is taking me back to court.

Am i correct in thinking that if he didnt agree with the figure i gave in court he should have dissputed it then or appealed at the time of judgement and also if the judge recognised he owed my company money then I was in my rights to try and recover this through a debt collector. Also this man has tried various threats over the year while the case was pending court and is very aggressive. Where do I stand in getting him to stop if this carries on

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: claimants threats after I have paid ccj

bump

Comment

Originally posted by capps1970 View Post
      Am i correct in thinking that if he didnt agree with the figure i gave in court he should have dissputed it then or appealed at the time of judgement and also if the judge recognised he owed my company money then I was in my rights to try and recover this through a debt collector. Also this man has tried various threats over the year while the case was pending court and is very aggressive. Where do I stand in getting him to stop if this carries on

Thanks
      Presumably the figure was stated in a court order and if so he'd need to apply to the court to have the order varied but I doubt the court would entertain it for such a frivolous amount as £1.

On your second point I agree. I can't see how he can dispute the entry on his credit file if there is a judgment to support it.

Comment

The judgment debt is what it is. Unless he paid the £1 at some point very close to the date the judgment was entered.

As far as his credit file is concerned, it is hard lines as far as I can see.

Comment

I pointed out in court that 2.00 had been paid after I had filed the papers which was deducted he never disputed the debt. Thanks for your comments, wanted to check if I was thinking correctly.

Comment

I'd just tell him to attempt to return the matter to court should he wish to do so and block his number if possible.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X