• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Arrow Global / Egg - 18-11-2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim - Arrow Global / Egg - 18-11-2014

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 18-11-2014
    Amount approx: 4000
    Claimant: Arrow Global
    Solicitor: Restons
    Original Credit: Egg

Particulars of Claim:
    The Claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from the Defendant(s) under a contract between the Defendant(s) and
    Egg
    dated on or about Mar ** 2005 and assigned to the Claimant on Feb 28 2013 in
    the sum of <amount>

PARTICULARS a/c no - <account number>

DATE ITEM VALUE
    **/08/2014 Default Balance <amount>
    Post Refrl Cr NIL
    TOTAL - <amount>

Stat Barred? No

Have sent: Acknowledged the Claim

Other Info:
    Hi, and thanks for any help!

The last payment was made on this account in 2009, and I was expecting it to be SB next year. Over the years, it has been sold to an endless number of collection agencies, and the usual cycle of threats appear until its sold on again. I have made no payment or acknowledgement of this since 2009.

I was of the opinion that they can not possess the agreement, or one of these companies would have made a claim.

A few months from SB time, and low and behold - a claim.

I am hoping this is a last shot at recovering (they offered me 30% off last letter), so I wish to challenge.

I've followed section 1 of this helpful post:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...it-Court-Claim

But, would really appreciate what to put in the other letter templates to the solicitor and creditor.

I blocked out some info in the particulars to preserve anonymity, do creditors ever sniff around these forums for back stories on people they make claims against?

This site look so unbelievably helpful, I can't begin to express how grateful I am for any help.

Many thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Court Claim - Arrow Global / Egg - 18-11-2014

Send the CCA request to the owner and CPR request to their solicitors, as per the link you included, and get those off straight away by recorded delivery.

There have been past cases where firms track the forums, but that's rare. The important thing is that you share all the main details, otherwise you could get the wrong suggestions.

Comment

Thank you for your prompt reply and kind welcome.

Just two quick bits of information for the letters (I already have them drafted):

The numbered things i need to request for my specific particulars.. Would it be:

1. Contract
      2. Assignment

as that's all I can distill that they are referencing in the particulars?

Also, where is says 'I require inspection of the documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defense on <date>".. what date is this? is it 28 days from the issue date (as I've acknowledged it)?

Thanks a million!

Comment

You can request a copy of the agreement and also the Notice of Assignment. I don't think the Default Notice is mentioned as it sometimes is because you haven't given the precise wording of the POC.

After the issue date, 5 days are allowed for the date of service, when you are deemed to have received it. The 28 days counts from the service date, providing you acknowledged within 14 days of service. In other words 33 days from issue is the defence-due date.

Comment

Thank you.

Just for the record, the POC wording is verbatim, I just switched out numbers for either *'s or <what it was i replaced> tags.

Thanks again!

Comment

Those POC's are pants - only really can ask for the contract copy under CPR 31.14 - see below
            The Claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from the Defendant(s) under a contract between the Defendant(s) and
            Egg
            dated on or about Mar ** 2005 and assigned to the Claimant on Feb 28 2013 in
            the sum of <amount>

PARTICULARS a/c no - <account number>

DATE ITEM VALUE
            **/08/2014 Default Balance <amount>
            Post Refrl Cr NIL
            TOTAL - <amount>
            Otherwise I'd concentrate on the CCA request.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you Amethyst, I was just about to go to the post office, but I'll change out the CPR to ask for just the contract.

Thanks again.

Comment

Sorry xx It'd have been okay going with other stuff in, just buggers things up later if you go to apply for an unless order asking for things you aren't entitled to under CPR 31.14
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

No no, it's fine.. I'm glad I got chance to change it! Thank you!

Comment

Amethyst, in your experience, would you say under the circumstances I listed that there is a good chance that they are making a last ditch attempt to recover it despite not having the documents?

I can't for the life of me understand why they would have not sought a judgement in the past 5 years if they had the CCA available? It has been in the hands of numerous agencies, who have sold it on.

I know it's impossible to be sure, but just thought I'd ask.

sorry to bother you, but would appreciate your input.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X