• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

***WON*** debs65

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: debs65

In any case, we are talking about a relatively small amount of money here. Definitely not worth having a CCJ for just over Ł600!

Even better if you could somehow prove this is now statute barred.

Comment

Mr $quandaŁot .. I know its not worth having a CCJ for over Ł600 - what do you mean though? are you saying I should pay regardless? if that's the case... I can't! I don't have access to that kind of money! I am desperately trying to prove its statute barred. been nothing on my credit file and still trying to get BC and/or Lowell to provide info.

Comment

Good morning Deb,

Has any proof been provided in regard to the Ł1 payment?

If not you must demand unequivocal proof of the payment including but not limited to:

Cheque Payment. Name of Drawer, name of bank, account number and sort code, date allegedly paid..
        Postal order. PO Number, issuing post office ID, date on PO, date cashed.
        Debit/credit card Visa/MasterCard, 16 digit care number, 3 digit security code, issuing bank/provider, transaction authorisation code, date of payment.
        Bank transfer: Payment over counter: Date, method of payment, bank to which payment.

It is entirely in the claimants court to prove unequivocally that the alleged payment was made.

If you have been provided with a date for the one off payment and it is allegedly with in the last 6 years your bank will still be able to supply a statement for that period.

Comment

Hi Nemesis. Thankyou for your time! Truly appreciate it. NO PROOF re the Ł1 payment. Never had a bank account. Stuck to Building society account. never had a credit card or debit card for over 9 years. Only postal orders I have ever bought were odd random one for cca. any payments in my name (aka gas/electric) I pay cash at post office.
          This Ł1 would've been a cca request to one of their many partners who have held the account. I am trying to draft a good letter up re all the points previously mentioned as well as this Ł1. As I try and do so I am worrying as to what to do re the N180 form as only have til 15th Jan to complete and need all this info from BC/Lowell .

Comment

sent letter to BC demanding proof of the alleged Ł1 Nemesis. Now don't know what to do! BC/Lowell failed to comply with my CPR request, and have failed to provide me with requested info. Trying to word a good letter but failing miserably so far! Should I fill in the agree to mediation bit on the N180 to buy me time to get the information I requested ?

Comment

HELP ME SOMEONE xx

Comment

responding your PM.
                reading thread.

Is the " agreement supplied" complete are there Terms & Conditions in full upon that sheet or provided separately?
                Did you at any point around the date of the alleged payment make a CCA request to ANY party i.e. a DCA, or solicitors pursuing payment.
                Do you have any records for that time, bank statements.
                I may be missing something when was the account defaulted?
                Does it appear on credit reference files?
                Check Noddle it's free, need to know default date please.
                Last edited by nemesis45; 11th January 2015, 15:36:PM.

Comment

sorry nemesis. didnt see whole post on my phone. yes there is terms and conditions. I must have made a CCA request as its the ony time I have made a Ł1 payment for anythingI never had a bank account so cheque or debit isn't an option.Had to be postal order. This has been in many of Lowell's associates hands. I am good... keep paperwork for around 4+ years then bin it. found odd random letter. not sure when account was defaulted. checked my credit file on experian and few others and there's nothing!

Comment

That's a good result not on CRA file means the default was more than 6 years ago.
                    Thus you can state that the alleged payment was for a statutory fee in regard to a lawful request made under sections 77/78 of CCA 1974 (as amended) and as such has no effect on the provisions of the Limitations Act 1980.
                    Therefore the debt is statute barred and you will not make payment.

It is entirely for the claimant to prove that the alleged debt is not statute barred an you do not have to prove otherwise.
                    The claim is out of time.

Comment

Thankyou !! I TRULY appreciate your time. copied my credit report Nemesis and it shows an unrecorded enquiry on 20th August 2014 from Lowell. Not sure what that's all about ? read a few things online and saw credit reports aren't always accurate?? surely experian is?

Comment

re above post Nemesis... I do have a default on my credit file. was for cosmetics company I used to sell stuff for. they owe me more than I owe them! (I intend to persue this as they have made no contact about this matter). would Lowell see my full file when they did the unrecorded enquiry on 20th August 2014 or would they see one default- aka the cosmetics one ? sorry.. I do not know how credit files work! And is experian accurate?

Comment

any help with my last 2 posts please???

Comment

I'll just nudge [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] as I'm not entirely sure where the other default comes in to things. The search from Lowell will just be them checking your address/existence. I'm not sure what they'd see, whether there's different levels of info for different searches, but I think they check if you have a mortgage etc on the file so they could look at getting a charging order as security later, that kind of thing.
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

thanks amethyst. checked 4 credit files.. nothing re this alleged account on any. dont have a mortgage so they fudged on that! did as nem said... demanded proof of this alleged Ł1 payment. still waiting for proof! just a tad confused as to what to do next. wait to see if they send any proof (if they do it will be a Ł1 postal order to one of the many of their partners who've had the account for a CCA) or do I write to Lowell re non compliance of CPR and failing to comply with all other requests?

Comment

You've sent off your N180 haven't you ? It's just a case of waiting now for the claimant/court's next move.

You've done what you can, and have enough evidence to show court (if it gets to that) that you have been reasonable and asked for evidence all the way through, so stick to your guns xxx
                                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X