• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Recieved a ccj claim form!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recieved a ccj claim form!

Hi everyone. Im not sure where to start with this but bare with me.

A letter came today addressed to my wife and is from "cabot financial limited" but is a ccj claim form!

The original debt is from a lloyds tsb current account which is owed £2519 but we have never paid or acknowledged the debt when letters have been sent (due to personal reasons)

We no longer bank with lloyds and havnt for many years but cant remember exactly when changed banks.
    The debt appears to be over 7 years old so do we need to worry about the ccj or them chasing us for money.

Enclosed is a pic of the "particulars of claim"

any info and help regarding tbis is very much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Recieved a ccj claim form!

It seems from the POC that the account was opened in 2007 ?

Is there a moneyclaimonline reference and password on the claim form ( bottom right side)?? and is it from Northampton Business Centre ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      It seems from the POC that the account was opened in 2007 ?

Is there a moneyclaimonline reference and password on the claim form ( bottom right side)?? and is it from Northampton Business Centre ?
      yes there is

Comment

I honestly cannot remember when the acc was opened or when we moved banks. But i do know we have never aggreed to pay (this was all down to a £300 unarranged overdraft charge)

Comment

Okay, first job is to log in to moneyclaim online and acknowledge the claim , tick intend to defend in full, no need to write anything - then you have 28 + 5 days (33) from the date of issue printed on the claim form to work out what to do.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Chops View Post
            I honestly cannot remember when the acc was opened or when we moved banks. But i do know we have never aggreed to pay (this was all down to a £300 unarranged overdraft charge)
            Okay so it sounds like it won't be statute barred if only opened in 2007.

Do you have copies of statements etc from the time you got the charge and since ?

If not we'll need to send a SAR to Lloyds to get transaction lists (would be a good idea to do this anyway for any other documents lloyds might have) and we should also send a letter asking for documentation (default notice, statement of account, inception agreement and terms etc to Cabot)

Have look in the library for the SAR and the CPR 31.14 request letters.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

So there is nothing we can do to clear the debt other than pay it? Even tho its over 7 years old!
              what will happen if we do nothing? Can they then send bailiffs around or will the debt just be written off and a ccj given?

Comment

If you do nothing you'll get a CCJ and subsequent enforcement, which could be attachment of earnings, charging order, bailiffs etc. So best to deal with it and defend if possible. A CCJ will stay on your credit file and register of judgements for 6 years from the date it is awarded.

Get it acknowledged and we can go from there.

If there's no realistic defence you can negotiate a settlement with Cabot ( full and final or instalment), otherwise you can admit the debt, and make an affordable offer to pay by instalments through the courts.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

I think the best plan will be to negotiate a payment plan as we have no way to defend the claim. But there again its in my wifes name and she doesnt work and only has tax credits to her name (as well as my pityfull wage. Lol)

Comment

Well before you go for that, can you remember much about this £300 overdraft charge ? and how it resulted in a £2.5k court claim ?
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

But there again its in my wifes name
                      The account, the claim and/or the assignment ?

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                        The account, the claim and/or the assignment ?

M1
                        All of it

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                          Well before you go for that, can you remember much about this £300 overdraft charge ? and how it resulted in a £2.5k court claim ?
                          I cant remember what i done last night,let alone 7 years ogo. Lol.
                          From what i can vaugly remember is that my wife had a planned overdraft (cant remember how much but roughly £500) and went over it without us knowing. The bank charged her a daily unplanned O/D charge of £10 per day for a full month which we only found out about when the monthly statment came in. After several heated phone calls we changed banks and forgot about the debt.

Comment

I thought debt over 7 years old were written off?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X