• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

List of bank loan rates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of bank loan rates

Hi all

Does anybody know of any source which lists the bank loans and interest rates at a given time? I'm looking for information for 2002 and 2003 relating to Lloyds and any of the major banks. Ideally, I'm looking for copies of loan documents or tariffs that show what rate was available and at what amount, ie., £10,000 - £24,999, etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks all!
    Tags: None

Re: List of bank loan rates

I don't know any list, but there are lots of copies of credit agreements and terms on google and across this site.

Wayback machine is good for some stuff (might be a little slow loading )

http://web.archive.org/web/200306090....com/loans.asp 2003
    http://web.archive.org/web/200308120....com/loans.asp
    http://web.archive.org/web/200310010....com/loans.asp
    http://web.archive.org/web/200410190....com/loans.asp 2004

Loan rates are so varied depending on the product and term etc and banks have so many products and interest rates. You might need to narrow it down a little what you are looking for.

eg. credit agreement 2003

Eg.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Amethyst
      Thanks for the reply. Two quick questions - is that loan agreement from 2002 or 2003? And it says special offer - did you have a packaged bank account at the time that related to the loan?

I've complained about a Platinum bank account to the FOS and they say they are unable to uphold (even though I was told to have a Platinum account to get the loan). Part of the argument is that the preferential rate wasn't preferential at all. The Ombudsman says it was. Im looking for comparative examples and your agreement is ideal! If I can show that the rate offered to me was available to others (and not just Platinum) it strengthens my case.

Comment

It's not mine, just one I found on a google image search for lloyds loan cca 2003 - might be a good place to start.

What rate did you have on your loan and what date was it ? I'll try do some digging too
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I had a Platinum Account loan (£24k approx) with 8.4% APR. The loan included PPI of approx £5k. Loan taken out in November 2003.

The PPI was refunded two years ago. Should never have been sold in the first place given that Lloyds knew who I worked for, what benefits I would receive, how I'd already structured my will to set up trusts, etc for any payout. They also knew I had sufficient investments to pay off any loan. It all happened in branch, during a meeting. We were told that to get a loan we had to upgrade our account to Platinum. We were told that we also had to have PPI.

So... complained to Lloyds and then the Ombudsman re. packaged account. Various reasons. Couldn't claim on the travel insurance due to my wife having a blood test. Benefits already available from elsewhere, etc. Was told to upgrade account to receive the loan. The Ombudsman has rejected. I've explained that a lower rate was available to non-Platinum customers and Platinum was the only loan available offered. They still say no.

End of story...!

Any info or help would be much appreciated.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X