• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Auction Property - Own Conveyancing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auction Property - Own Conveyancing?

Hi

A few times I have bought properties at auction. Each time it has been a cash purchase.

My question is, seeing there is no mortgage and with auction properties, you have to accept the sellings documentation, i.e. - you can't raise queries, is it possible for me to do my own conveyancing?

I would imagine after exchange of contracts and paying the initial deposit when the hammer drops, it is just a case of signing the contracts and then paying the rest of the money 28 days later? I'm also capable of completing my own LandRegistry documentation and paying the stamp duty.

It frustrates me that I have to hand over about £500 each time, just for a conveyancer to send me a couple of forms to sign and then do a chaps transfer with the balance of the monies.

Grateful for any advice.
    Tags: None

Re: Auction Property - Own Conveyancing?

The companys what you pay to do the convayoncing are insured against any mistakes. You can do your own. But you have no recourse if a problem arrises.

Its buyer beware at auction. So you have no come back over the documentation unless its purposfully misleading. Its the action fees that i have an issue with. There 6k round here. Even though some of the oropertys onky go at 20k
    crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy council View Post
      The companys what you pay to do the convayoncing are insured against any mistakes. You can do your own. But you have no recourse if a problem arrises.

Its buyer beware at auction. So you have no come back over the documentation unless its purposfully misleading. Its the action fees that i have an issue with. There 6k round here. Even though some of the oropertys onky go at 20k
      Selling Fees? Whereabouts in the Country are you?

Comment

Buyers fees. On averidge 6k. Am humber region. Typical 2/3 bed terrace in rental streets go for 40k to 60k atm. If they need bits doing, you can get them for 20k to 30k. Not bad when you can get rents between 97 and 125pw
        crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Buyer's premium normally about 1.5% of selling price plus possibly an "administration fee" of anything upto £150,

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X