• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

my creditor sold my debt to another company with a charging order,whats my right?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my creditor sold my debt to another company with a charging order,whats my right?

Pls can someone advise me what is my right, My creditor Egg banking Plc put a charging order on my property in 2005, in 2009 I challenged the enforce-bility of the agreement through a solicitor but finally the creditor settled out of court with my solicitor, they offered me a reduced amount to pay back, then I kept making payment with the creditor on the understanding that they will remove the charging order but end of 2012 I found out that the charge was not removed but when I questioned the creditor, they confirmed that they did not agree to remove the order as part of the out of court settlement, I tried speaking to my former solicitor but no luck then I stopped making payment,.

As my condition continue to get worse financially I contacted the creditor again to discuss settlement amount but they are not keen to discuss then as I was researching how to proceed, I noticed that the name of the creditor has changed, without informing ,me when I contacted their lawyer they confirmed that my debt has been sold by Egg, so now I need help to remove this charge as my previous solicitor confirmed to me that the agreement might not be enforced pls can anyone help deal with as I am desperately looking to release small equity tied in the property=.

Any advise, support or guidance will be most appreciated

Regards

thanks

barry

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X