• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

AVOID BENSONS BEDS! like the plague

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVOID BENSONS BEDS! like the plague

I just wanted to warn you all about Bensons Beds.

I visited their Brighton store on 12/12/07 and purchased a nice new bed. They had a good 1 year interest free credit deal on offer so I have spread my payments evenly over the next year.

The sales guy, Andy, initially thought he could get me delivery in time for Xmas but was not able to source the mattress, therefore I was given a delivery date of 16th January 08.

We were away when the delivery date came, but we left Nan & Grandad (who live with us) to wait in for the delivery. Nothing came....not even a call.

When we got back I rang Bensons and was told that part of the transaction was showing as 'UNPAID' therefore they could not deliver.

They told me on the phone that this problem was now resolved and I could have the bed the following week. The day came...........but nothing else.

Again I phoned, again I was told part of the bed was UNPAID for, again I was told it was resolved, again a delivery date, again I waited...again...Nothing!

This time I rang Andy, who looked into it and confessed he had lost my finance paper work. I had to go back to the store, sign a new set of paperwork, then they gave me a delivery date of last Wednesday (13th Feb).

I took the afternoon off work to be at home, but nothing came.......................

I rang, went mental, got very unhelpful customer services woman. They gave me a new delivery date of today. They gave no reason for the delay...just that the stock was not at the ware house.

So todays the day!!! It didn't start well. Phone call from delivery guy.
    " Oh hello.....Is that Celestine? Ahh yes....Hi...Its the Bensons Beds delivery guy here. ermmmm I've got your bed on the lorry......but I don't have your mattress.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So now I have a lovely bed frame......but no mattress.

Have rung Bensons....who are trying to find my mattress as we speak.

Its 9.46 am and I am steaming with anger and frustration and I can't even have a drink to calm down. Bahhhh have to make some tea.

Incompetent idiots.......I dread to think how poor quality the bed might be once I've unwrapped it.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Re: AVOID BENSONS BEDS! like the plague

(((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))

hence why I have never bought a single stick of furniture from a 'furniture superstore'..... all you ever hear are these type of problems...they are too big to give a flying pigs whisker about any of their customers individually.

Fingers crossed you don't end up sleeping on slats tonight hun xxxx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I'd have cancelled the order by now. I know it may appear to be a self-defeating strategy, but the relationship has broken down and they have you over a barrel, so to speak as you have accepted the bed without the mattress and who knows how long it will take for them to deliver it.

Comment

Why don't you write to the Argus they love printing stories like that, might make your matress appear or even a discount!
        When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X