• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bank charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bank charges

I am getting bank charges every week I have no overdraft on my account they are charging me about £50 a week I am only getting £100 a week anyone no how I can claim money back as this is money for my children
    Tags: None

Re: bank charges

What are the bank charges for ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

For going over about 10pence even tho I havent got and over draft facility on my account

Comment

Okay, what took you over by 10 pence, debit card payments or things like direct debits/standing orders?

How many times have they charged you ? Have you complained to the Bank about it?

Is your income from benefits ? If so you could get it paid into a Post Office Card account and then you can only withdraw in cash to use, and no one else can get their paws on it (that's what I do with my child benefit and child tax credits)

Who is your bank account with ? and what kind of account is it ? basic account or standard current account ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Its just a basic account and its direct debits but the bank is charging me every week which is putting me more over drawn im only getting child tax and child benefit of 100 a week I am with hsbc

Comment

Okay get yourself a Post Office account and have your CTC and CB paid in there, then it is completely under your control.

I only have my basic bank account for my child maintenance and don't have any DD's or SO's set up on it. What are your DD's for, do they have to be paid by DD or can you do bill payments instead so you have control ?

I'll have a look at HSBC's terms and charging structures.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Ok thanks I have just opened a new account with barclays just a basic acount have no dd on it

Comment

I cant open up a post office account as nearest post office is 24 miles from were I live :/

Comment

These are from HSBC's charges list

4 A payment from your account takes you into an informal overdraft, and you then make nine more payments from the account and we agree an informal overdraft to cover each of them
                  You have an informal overdraft for 10 days in a row during the month. £50

The maximum you can be charged for informal overdraft usage fees is £80 in any charging month.

If you make more than one payment on the same day we take this as one overdraft request and only charge one fee.
                  You cannot apply for an overdraft on Basic Bank Account (or any savings accounts).

1 We refuse a payment from your account because there is not enough money in your account and we are not able to agree a covering informal overdraft. £0

So a bounced DD doesn't attract a charge.

What are the charges called on your bank statements?
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by emma5788 View Post
                    I cant open up a post office account as nearest post office is 24 miles from were I live :/
                    ahh that's a shame, as you need access to at least a post office cash machine.

Ok thanks I have just opened a new account with barclays just a basic acount have no dd on it
                    perfect

Still should sort out what's going on with HSBC so it doesn't end up being a debt if they keep on charging you.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X