• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Smart parking ltd perth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart parking ltd perth

I received a parking fine in a small car park in perth, I was slightly late back (5 minutes). The attendant had not yet printed the ticket. I asked if I was too late and he said if I had been 5 minutes earlier he could have let me off. At this point I got on with getting my 1 year old son in the car and putting the pram away. He at no point asked if I or my friend was the driver. He printed the ticket and said "I'll just give that to you" and handed the ticket to my friend. He did not attach the ticket to the car, check who was the driver, or take any pictures. My question is, has he followed his rules?
    Tags: None

Re: Smart parking ltd perth

Private car park or council ?

Comment

Originally posted by paulajayne View Post
      Private car park or council ?
      private I think. I've read that Perth council does employ that company. But the ticket doesn't mention the council at all and the signs in the carpark didn't either.

Comment

I've just looked it up online and it's not council.

Comment

Hi
          As you are in Scotland your best option is to ignore, unless by some chance they try court.
          In Scotland they can only proceed against the driver, so under no circumstances do you identify the driver.

Is that right M?

Comment

Pretty much.

Keep everything in a file/drawer but ignore anything that's not court papers.

Also a good idea to photograph the signs just in case.

M1

Comment

Ok thanks. Yeh I am in Scotland. Is it likely they will go as far as court? I mean if they don't have any photos etc what proof do they have to go on?

Comment

Likely, no.

Possible, yes.

M1

Comment

Ok thank you.

Comment

i dont have idea about it because i don'rt have car

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X