• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** WON ** In my local county court help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ** WON ** In my local county court help please

I am in my local county court on the 11th of dec againt byarn carter working on behalf of Lowell, they buy a credit card debt from bank of Scotland on about sept 13, the card was opened on 2/2/2004 and defaulted on 10/10/2009.

I filed a defence saying never had credit with lowells etc, just a bit worried now only just found this site, what will happen at the court never being to one before.

Are they very formal etc what happens any advice would be welcome thanks
    Tags: None

Re: In my local county court help please

Hi lifeshard and welcome.

Do you want to post up a copy of the defence you entered, it may help see if there is anything you need to do now.

Did the claim form state what the original debt was ?

On the letter from court with the hearing date does it ask you to submit witness statements/documents before the hearing at all ?

Approx how much is the claim for ?

Have you sent any requests for information to Lowell or simply stated to the court you don't owe anything to Lowell ?

Try not to worry we'll help all we are able.

Sharon
    xx

p.s. little bit here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-court-hearing on what to expect in court xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

bank of Scotland credit card about 1900 debt over about 2100 pound with court fees etc.
      looked on my credit file opened 2/2/2004 and defaulted on 10/10/2009, and lowells buy on sept last year.

cant see my defence any more need is via moneyclaim.gov I stated in my defence I don't own any money to lowells and they never sent any doc etc

Thanks for reply Sharon

No owns not ask me for any docs on court form

Comment

Okay, thank you x did you ask Lowells to send any documents ? If not then I would now send a CCA request to them, you have time - http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...y-of-Agreement

Were there any issues with the debt at all ? or was your defence based on just not knowing who Lowells are ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

No did not ask lowells for docs in the past sorry defence was quite a while back now cant remember what I put but did not admit to any thing.

sould I sent to byarn carter or lowells the request.

Thanks again for the reply, head in bit of mess at moment and got the:tinysmile_cry_t: flu

Comment

aww hope you feel better soon, hot honey, whiskey and lemon xxx

Send the CCA request to Lowells. If you have pleaded you have had no documents off of Lowell then you have to have asked them for some.

Whats your personal circumstances ? ie. is it imperative you don't get a CCJ ? Do you own your own home ? Would you be able to make payments off the debt ?
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

I am not working at the min so would be hard to make payments, no don't own my house at min but have car worth Ł500.

Had bad breakdown in late 2008 after partner died:tinysmile_cry_t:. so had I lot of defults on file around that timeframe did buried head in sand.

One of my friend say something today about it being stat barred?

Anyway thanks again for your help making me a soup and lemsip at min

Comment

Sorry to hear about your partner xxxx

If your default was October 2009 then it won't be statute barred - that needs a clear 6 years between last acknowledgment/payment and the date they bought the court claim.

So you have quite a few defaults which are around 5 years old, you might find you start getting more letters now as they try get in before statute barring barrs them, so if you do, come here, and don't hide head in sand ok.

If income is low then a negotiation might not keep you off getting a CCJ, I would get together your income and expenditure sheet before the hearing so if the judge does find against you you are prepared to ask for an instalment order based on your financial circumstances, rather than having to go back to vary a forthwith order later. Not saying that will happen but always best to be prepared.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Many thanks for help sorry if I keep asking questions, but surely lowells would have given the docs to the court for the case to go to court? if lowells had no docs in court surely judge cant grant it?

Thanks again for your help will be sending that letter off on Wednesday afternoon

Take care

Comment

You'd think wouldn't you, but sadly it doesn't work like that. The claim will have been bought through the bulk centre, Northampton, and there is no requirement to send any documents with the claim, if it is disputed the court should order documents before the hearing. Can you check the hearing ether and maybe type out or photograph or scan it in just to check what the hearing is for and whether we can do witness statements. Did you get a directions questionnaire n180 from court after submitting your defence, or any communication from Lowell since putting in your defence?
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Noting back from carters or lowells since defence put in, on the court date letter it just says follow civil rule rule part 27. No docs from lowells or carter ever given just statement on the claim form I frist got given stating I own them money and no docs.

Comment

will scan doc on Wednesday afternoon and put up.

Comment

Ok,

3) In this rule –(a) ‘standard directions’ means –
                          (i) a direction that each party shall, at least 14 days before the date fixed for the final hearing, file and serve on every other party copies of all documents (including any expert’s report) on which he intends to rely at the hearing; and
                          (ii) any other standard directions set out in Practice Direction 27;

good good... we have a couple weeks , get that CCA letter sent off tmw xx
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks for your help will check in again Wednesday with update.

Comment

Just an update i beat lowells in court, they never showed up in court just sent a witness statement with loads of errors about case.
                              Judge dismissed it he said he dismissed four orthers cases from lowells that day to lol mashappy:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X