• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Impact of recent Court judgements on adoption

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impact of recent Court judgements on adoption

I am loathed to give a link to this for personal reasons. However, having said that, it still states what the recent judgements have stated in regards to recent cases in the Supreme Court.

Link is here: http://www.adoptionmattersnw.org/wp-...ember-2014.pdf
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)
    Tags: None

Re: Impact of recent Court judgements on adoption

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
    I am loathed to give a link to this for personal reasons. However, having said that, it still states what the recent judgements have stated in regards to recent cases in the Supreme Court.

Link is here: http://www.adoptionmattersnw.org/wp-...ember-2014.pdf
    :clap2:I am so glad you do keep posting these items up! I thought I kept up with this topic but without your help I wouldn’t know half of what is going on –you are my hero.:first:

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by PAWS View Post
      :clap2:I am so glad you do keep posting these items up! I thought I kept up with this topic but without your help I wouldn’t know half of what is going on –you are my hero.:first:
      Paws, Amethyst knows that I was driven by the injustice that happened in bank charges to get involved and it cost me a job.

In this sphere of knowledge, my sister effectively has lost her kids for at least 13 years and 15 years respectively(my nephew who is on the Autistic Spectrum is long term foster care but he loses his half sister's when they are adopted). The pain and the suffering that has happened to us drives me on to continue to keep up to date in case any chink of light can repair any of that pain. If by helping them it can mean that they do not have to go through that same suffering then something positive comes out of all of it.

Paws, I think you understand that pain and I think you can understand that drive and I know that a day will come when I will be able to seek your help and repay the debt you believe you owe to me.

Comment

I know what you mean. There are so many people who have come on here looking for help but stay in an effort to help others and help to fight the horror and injustice that is doled out to those who are simply unlucky. The toughest to bear are the cases involving families. My heart goes out to you, your sister and her children. :_tighthug__by_darkmI believe that splitting siblings up is barbaric and I often despair at the actions taken by the courts and social services.
        It is so encouraging to see the success stories on here and almost every day there is something that makes me smile. I am so proud to be a part of LBs even if it is in a small way. This site and the people on here do actually save lives –I am not being dramatic when I say that!
        I am totally sincere when I say you have really helped with your threads and your comments have made me see and appreciate many other aspects of this whole sorry topic. :okay:

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
        ~ Anonymous

Comment

http://suesspiciousminds.com/2014/11...-myth-busters/

A response to the document from people I'd class as being on my side of the fence

Comment

The article again is about recent decisions in relation to the adoption process:

http://www.familylaw.co.uk/news_and_...s#.VHOkK4usWLY

Comment

I have just found out that at 10:30am this morning that a Family Court Judgement will be published by Lord Justice Mumby that will effectively deal with not just recent judgements but the so called mythbuster.....Keep you eye out for that one....

Comment

Paragraph 39 to the end is important in that Sir James Munby, who is President of the Family Division of the Appeals Court, makes reference to the fact that recent judgements appear to some people to have changed the landscape of the family court. However, what recent judgements have done is to more or less to clarify the field.

Worth a read from that judgement: http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/markup...method=boolean

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X