• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Child Mainentance / CSA etc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Mainentance / CSA etc

Anyone have this and know how it works ?

What I am wondering is if you 'opt out' of child maintenance application formally and the non resident parent NRP pays you directly each week - how would that impact on your benefits/child tax credits etc. Are you 'allowed' to do that ?

From working it out going the CSA route NRP would pay £72 a week, of which I would see £10 on top of my benefits.

So if he pays me £30 a week (cause opt out reduces my IS by £20 a week) direct, I get the same amount each week, and he can still afford to live, pay the bills/mortgage etc just.

I do want to do it right, but I don't wish him any harm financially and he is looking after my interests in the house / joint bills etc.

Originally posted by jobcentre plus site
    The Child Maintenance Bonus will not be available to parents in the new child support scheme. Instead, parents with care on Income Support will keep up to £10 a week of any child maintenance paid for their children. This will be called the Child Maintenance Premium.

Under the new child support scheme, introduced on 3 March 2003 for new cases, the child maintenance premium allows for up to the first £10 of child maintenance paid by the non-resident parent to be ignored in the calculation of your Income Support. Non-child Maintenance payments are taken into account in full.
    Last edited by Amethyst; 24th February 2008, 15:13:PM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X