• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil enforcement limited, county court Judgment for claimant (in Default)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil enforcement limited, county court Judgment for claimant (in Default)

Hi,
    I am new to the forum and in need of urgent help, following receipt of a ‘Judgement for claimant (in default)’ In the county court Money Claims Centre’. This was dated 05/11/14 and stated I must pay the claimant £130.96 for debt (and interest to date of Judgment) and £35 costs = £165.96. Stating I had not responded to the claim form. Originally I had been ignoring the notices from Civil Enforcement as per generic advice and I did receive the claim form but was misplaced in the house until searching when received judgement.

The background to this is receiving a ‘Parking Enforcement Notice’ 27/09/12 from Civil Enforcement. After parking in the Elland COOP (HX5 0EE) car park 15/09/2012 from 20:24 to 22:58 (2hr 34mins >34mins over max there maximum), after shopping at the store and then going for a meal (store closes at 22:00). Notice for £90, but reduced to £45 if paid in 14 days. Then correspondence as follows:-
    19/10/12 – ‘Parking Contravention Enforcement notice’ – ‘Final reminder before legal action’. Amount due £90 to be paid in 7 days or may issue an immediate county court summons against you.
    24/01/13 – Letter from ‘Debt Recovery Plus Ltd, acting on behalf of Civil Enforcement. Stating outstanding amount of £140 must be paid in 7days.
    04/02/2013 – 2nd Letter from ‘Debt Recovery Plus Ltd, ‘Notice of intended litigation’. Stating outstanding amount of £140 must be paid in 7days.
    13/02/14 – 3rd letter from ‘Debt Recovery Plus Ltd,, ‘ Reduced payment offer’. Stating reduced payment offer of £140 would be accepted by their client providing paid in 7days.
    24/09/14 – N1 claim form received in the Northampton County court. For amount claimed £130 + £35 court fee.

I really don’t want to have to pay these people, for such a minor infringement, being late at night and the way I have been harassed + others as I have read up on. However I don’t want my credit report to be affected and will pay as last resort.
    Any help greatly appreciated. I have all the documents and can attach or send if needed.
    Rob

Re: Civil enforcement limited, county court Judgment for claimant (in Default)

You've kind of screwed yourself here.

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/...t/Default.aspx

Setting aside a judgement when you ignored the claim is likely to be very difficult and costly. I'd say pay it before 28 days are up and you have a ccj on record for 6 years.

M1

Comment

Thanks. I was beginning to think that unfortunalty. The claim documents came, opened and got lost in the house. Sounds stupid and I am kicking myself.

Basically if pay it and I will still have a CCJ on file for 6 years? What if I don't pay?
      The Judgment mentions asking court to cancel entry if paid within one month, is there a charge for this?

What would I need to do to get set aside and how costly?

I have attached the documents from the court.
      Judgment for claimant.pdfClaim form.pdf

Comment

If you pay within the 28 days the CCJ won't go onto the register.

If you don't pay it will go onto the register and thus your credit file for 6 years.

So if you can, I would pay asap. A set aside application will cost either £50 or £155 - depending if your get the claimants agreement. It isn't worth it. The chances of getting it set aside is slim as you did receive the documents from the court originally.
        Attached Files
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks Amethyst.

I will begrudgingly pay! I assume I need to instruct CEL to acknowledge payment and send this to the court?

I received the attached letter today as if CCJ had been issued, I assumed this meant on my credit file.

Apologies if I am stating the obvious, but worried/panicking a bit over this.

CCJ letter.pdf

Comment

Urghhh those letters are the pits. Chuck it in the bin.

Anyway your judgment was only made on the 5th November so you have till the end of the month to make payment and stop the CCJ appearing on the register.

I assume I need to instruct CEL to acknowledge payment and send this to the court?
            Yes
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you. I will do ASAP.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X