• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Erudio - what right do they have, and how do we get them to stop?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erudio - what right do they have, and how do we get them to stop?

Hi everyone - I hope someone can help. My partner is being harassed by Erudio, despite giving them everything they have asked for more than once (and being subjected to a harrowing interrogation on the phone from a completely idiotic know-nothing for about half an hour!)!

Are they allowed to demand (this time by post) a stamped SA302 form from HMRC to prove his self-assessed income? If HMRC electronically generates a completed form for you, why isn't that good enough? Are they allowed to change the T & C's from what he had in place with SLC since the late 90s re: deferment?

He has never been in arrears and has deferred successfully through SLC for years.

Thanks

W.
    Tags: erudio

Re: Erudio - what right do they have, and how do we get them to stop?

Originally posted by weevil6969 View Post
    Hi everyone - I hope someone can help. My partner is being harassed by Erudio, despite giving them everything they have asked for more than once (and being subjected to a harrowing interrogation on the phone from a completely idiotic know-nothing for about half an hour!)!

Are they allowed to demand (this time by post) a stamped SA302 form from HMRC to prove his self-assessed income? If HMRC electronically generates a completed form for you, why isn't that good enough? Are they allowed to change the T & C's from what he had in place with SLC since the late 90s re: deferment?

He has never been in arrears and has deferred successfully through SLC for years.

Thanks

W.

Hi Weevil6969

From what I have read on other forums, they are not allowed to change the T & C from what was originally in place by the SLC. My wife is in exactly the same situation as your partner. She took out a student loan in the 1990's and was able to get as deferment, without problems, every year from the Student Loans Company as she wasn't earning enough. Now that Erudio have bought the loan she has had endless hassle trying to get a deferment, and despite sending in all the required information they say she is over £400 in arrears and are demanding immediate payment. They even took over £120 from our joint bank account without notifying us of their intentions in June, to which we immediately took out an indemnity claim and cancelled the DD. My wife has written back informing them that she intends to seek legal advice and considers their actions are nothing short of harassment. We can only wait to see if this has any effect. We would be grateful though if anyone can point us in the right direction as to where we do stand legally on this, as there must be many more people being harassed by Erudio

Comment

Re: Erudio - what right do they have, and how do we get them to stop?

Originally posted by sigma View Post
      Hi Weevil6969

From what I have read on other forums, they are not allowed to change the T & C from what was originally in place by the SLC. My wife is in exactly the same situation as your partner. She took out a student loan in the 1990's and was able to get as deferment, without problems, every year from the Student Loans Company as she wasn't earning enough. Now that Erudio have bought the loan she has had endless hassle trying to get a deferment, and despite sending in all the required information they say she is over £400 in arrears and are demanding immediate payment. They even took over £120 from our joint bank account without notifying us of their intentions in June, to which we immediately took out an indemnity claim and cancelled the DD. My wife has written back informing them that she intends to seek legal advice and considers their actions are nothing short of harassment. We can only wait to see if this has any effect. We would be grateful though if anyone can point us in the right direction as to where we do stand legally on this, as there must be many more people being harassed by Erudio
      Thanks for your reply, I think that will be our next step too, threaten them with a harassment suit!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X