• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

NPE parking charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPE parking charge

Hi guys, more trouble!!!! today a PCN came from Norfolk Parking Enforcement Ltd saying they want £60 for me parking on a chip shop car park for .........wait for it...........28 seconds!!!! thats more than £2 per second!! surely that cant be enforceable can it?

What do I do? appeal? or pay?
    Tags: None

Re: NPE parking charge

Appeal.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver did not see the signage and in any event stopped for 28 seconds and then left which must be covered by the grace period as per the BPA code of practice. In any event the charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss as well as being an amount larger than permitted under the BPA code of practice to which you subscribe.

I will not name the driver as i am under no statutory obligation to do so.

Please accept my apeal or supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If they refuse and supply a popla code come back for a popla appeal.

M1

Comment

Thanks I will post that in the morning and let you know the outcome:tongue2:

Comment

http://www.parkingprotection.co.uk/appeals.html

appeals@parkingprotection.co.uk

M1

Comment

Well after nearly 7 weeks since I sent in the above appeal I have heard NOTHING!! so I can only assume they have decided not to go ahead with trying to extract £60 for 20 odd seconds of parking....so I win!

Thanks to mystery1 for thismashappy:

Comment

Originally posted by barney47 View Post
            Well after nearly 7 weeks since I sent in the above appeal I have heard NOTHING!! so I can only assume they have decided not to go ahead with trying to extract £60 for 20 odd seconds of parking....so I win!

Thanks to mystery1 for thismashappy:

Not 100% over but they'll certainly struggle having broken the code of practice. (barring lost post etc)

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X