• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Particulars of claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Particulars of claim

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyobe knew the process after particular of claims have been served? I was very lucky to be at this stage so dont want anything else to go wrong, initially i submitted the claim online and ticked the box to serve the particulars separately. My error when i didnt realise this. I went to a court hearing as the other party had requested case to be struck out. Thankfully they didnt show up and the judge gave me a second chance to serve the POC. But as not online do i just wait for the court instuction or do i need to take action myself?
    Tags: None

Re: Particulars of claim

Did the Judge make an actual Court order stating that you should serve another POCand give you a date to do so or did he say it verbally?
    From my experience you have to be carefull when verbal orders are made
    Sparkie

Comment

The hearing was on the 29/10 and she gave me seven days verbally to serve them so i served them the same day by post to defendant and court.

Comment

Originally posted by sparky74 View Post
        The hearing was on the 29/10 and she gave me seven days verbally to serve them so i served them the same day by post to defendant and court.
        Good on you........you covered yourself.
        Sparkie.
        I am not legally trained in any way my views are from my own experience

Comment

But as not online do i just wait for the court instuction or do i need to take action myself?

Comment

Originally posted by sparky74 View Post
            But as not online do i just wait for the court instuction or do i need to take action myself?
            I would ring the Court and explain that you served the POC by post ..........and ask if you should also file it on line, ask them for their reply in writing as well .......I personally would'nt rely only on what they or anyone tells you on the phone.......at least not any more .....get everything in writing
            Sparkie

Comment

Hi
              I have received a money claim online from my previous employer-long story and have already defended (and part won) their last claim. Seems they are out to be a nuisance to me. Anyway their latest claim form N1 did not have any supporting evidence with it or a Particulars of Claim. As I have a limited time to send in my defence, this was done on what I can only “assume” they are claiming and I made a point in my defence highlighting this. Do they now have the opportunity to send in Particulars of Claim retrospectively as that seems unfair due to my defence paperwork already being submitted!
              Many thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X