• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowells, statute barred debt and defaults

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowells, statute barred debt and defaults

I have an outstanding debt (not proud, but was in some horrific circumstances) which became statute barred October 13. I've had that confirmed by citizens advice. I'm trying to sort out everything, and because this is SB'd they've said to leave this to the very last. The default from the original lender was on my CRA file in October 2007.

Last year, my credit was good, I have a 'proper' bank account, opened in June this year. My file was clean as the original default had dropped off.

The original creditor sold it to Lowells, and suddenly defaults have appeared every month since October 2013, which is when I'm assuming lowells bought it. It looks as though they've added a year's worth retrospectively.

The sort of person I am, I'm not going to be content with just getting them to take the information off (they're also saying the original default was 2009, it wasn't), I want to hit them as hard as I can for doing this.

I have posted on CAG and had some good advice, but I want to arm myself with as much knowledge as I can to go after them for their wrongful ways! Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Lowells, statute barred debt and defaults

CAG thread for ref, so people can see what has already been said > Link

Comment

Re: Lowells, statute barred debt and defaults

Once a debt has been removed from CRA files at the expiry of the 6 year life of the default is cannot be put back on file.
      A Formal Complaint to Ms Sara de Tute Director of Legal & Compliance at the Lowell group is the way forward.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X