• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Redundancy: Do I have to continue working through notice period?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redundancy: Do I have to continue working through notice period?

My position has been made redundant due to a restructure in my division and I have only been with the company since April (6 months). I have been offered another role in the company but in another division, which I didn't take initially, but as they really wanted me to stay, they asked that I 'try' the other role for one month and if I didn't like it, I can still take the redundancy option. I have a 4 week notice period in my contract.

I have not signed anything , only verbally agreed to the 'trial' period. It is now 2 weeks in to the trial period and I have decided I won't accept the new role and will be taking the offered redundancy, but yet to advise my employer.

My question is, do I have to come to work at all during this notice period to still get paid?

Thanks
    Last edited by tomma88; 31st October 2014, 21:17:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Redundancy: Do I have to continue working through notice period?

Yes.....
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

As leclerc bluntly put it yes, however, if you have another job offer and they would like you to start immediately or in 1 week for example, you may be able to negotiate with them.
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

So I agreed not to accept the Trial role and advised within the 4 weeks so my notice period of one month has started. Now the department that my role previously worked in has now closed and there are no operations, so there is absolutely nothing to do in my old role.

They want me to keep working in the 'Trial' position for the remainder of my one month notice period. Is this allowed? Can I just say I will work in my previous position (of which there is nothing to do)?

Basically I want to get out of working but still receive full pay whilst I go to interviews etc.

Comment

Just attend and do as little as possible :tinysmile_twink_t2:, spend all day reading our wonderful forum , or alternatively do your best, you never know you may actually enjoy the trial role and decide to stay. Either way I hope all works out for you I know how hard things can get, despite what everyone thinks there are plenty of jobs out there, just have to make sure that if you apply you convince them you are the best person for the job. Keep us informed
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X