• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome and Cabot Finance - Can anyone give me some advice please?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome and Cabot Finance - Can anyone give me some advice please?

Hi, thank you for any advice. So my current situation. Working 6.15 hours a week, in receipt of some JSA and studying a level 3 part time evening course

So back in 2008 I took out a hire purchase loan via welcome finance. After about a year or so I handed the car back due to unforeseen circumstances however was still paying the car off. I cannot remember exact date or times but I stopped paying for a while and remember it got took over by a debt relief agency which I had set up a payment plan with. I have been out of work for well over a year and have not paid onto this debt however have received letters off Cabot Financial to say they have now took over this account. They were trying to contact me from July. They had sent me a letter to say they would accept a final payment of half the balance. I have recently made contact with Cabot and sent them a call back request form and they contacted me on 28/10/2014. They went through my current situation, income and expenditure and offered me three options. The lowest option being £47.04 a month at £11.75 a week, over 5 years. I asked the guy on the phone if I could take some time to think about this but was told that I could not as it needed to go on the system. So I agreed to pay this amount as I felt I had to make an on the spot decision. He advised me to set up a standing order. After the phone call I felt as though I could not afford this amount of money each month, it being more than my water bill. I also checked the figures they presented me and was a bit shocked. This is how I worked it out £11.75 times 52 weeks in a year is £611. Times that by 5 years it equals £3,055??? So I called them back and was told by Louise that some months have more weeks? Yes but there are 52 weeks in a year no matter what. Am I being fed lies here? So after this call I took to doing some investigating and realised Welcome Finance had gone bust and that Cabot would have brought this debt at a fraction of the cost. No wonder they were offering me the option to pay half. So when typing in Welcome Finance I was welcomed with a whole ton of negative information and had noticed that a lot of people were incorrectly charged fees, insurance etc. I am not disputing the fact I have this debt but if I was incorrectly charged by Welcome and are now being done so by Cabot. With this I noticed I can apply to Welcome for a SAR. Which will allow me to see what information they have on me and to get all my account details. Also I noticed I can also claim back any charges on the account? Can you advice me on the best way to go about this as I have never done anything like this before. This is my only debt. I do not have any credit, debit cards etc and even if I did have the money to pay this off I would still be disputing this as it seems this has happened to the majority of their customers. Took me a bit of investigating to find out though. I want to get this sorted out as soon as possible as I want to start improving my credit rating so in the future I have options available to me if I so choose.

Thank you for any help you can provide me.

Look forward to your response.
    Tags: None

Re: Welcome and Cabot Finance - Can anyone give me some advice please?

I also forgot to mention I am a single mother who recieves £20 a month in CSA payments from her father

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X