• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

When do child related benefits cease

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do child related benefits cease

Our youngest who is at college is 18 in August.
    I know that if she went on to university to study for a degree or got a job, all benefit related payments for her would stop before sept. However as she's going to do a foundation course which is the equivalent to 2 A levels, would we still be entitled to any additional payments for her. (I think the limit for paying child benefit is age 20).:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Re: When do child related benefits cease

I think the limit is 18 but worth a BUMP for others who come in this evening.

Comment

You'll be able to get Child Benefit if you're bringing up:
      • a child aged under 16
      • a young person under 19 (under 20 in some cases) who is either studying in full-time non-advanced education (A level or equivalent) or on an approved training programme
      • a 16 or 17 year old who recently left school or training and registered for work or training with the Careers or Connexions Service or similar
      http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/Moneyandworkentitlements/YourMoney/DG_10016699?cids=Google_PPC&cre=Money

Comment

Child Benefit : Directgov - Parents

This link works I think and I hope it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by calamity jane View Post
          Our youngest who is at college is 18 in August.
          I know that if she went on to university to study for a degree or got a job, all benefit related payments for her would stop before sept. However as she's going to do a foundation course which is the equivalent to 2 A levels, would we still be entitled to any additional payments for her. (I think the limit for paying child benefit is age 20).:tinysmile_hmm_t2:
          A foundation course is classed as Higher Education o therefore doesnt allow you to get your benefits..Thats what I was led to believe with my step son who did same and all benefits stopped...........But check just in case things have changed.

Comment

My daughter who is on a two year BTEC Diploma course at College will be 20 this April, I am told that the benefits will cease the week before her 20th Birthday..... no no more benefits:cry: for me.
            Last edited by TUTTSI; 27th March 2008, 19:22:PM. Reason: additions

Comment

Should have updated this earlier(Sorry).

Child Benefit Office have confirmed that we are eligible for CB & related benefits for a further year. :okay:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X