• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Joint tenancy, tenant non-payment of rent share

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joint tenancy, tenant non-payment of rent share

Hi

I am in need of some urgent advice, I am on a short-hold assured joint tenancy agreement and the tenant I am sharing the property with is a friend (soon not to be) has failed to pay his rent, we are now two months in arrears. All he has paid to date is the deposit, have had numerous promises of will pay it tomorrow or this week and still no further, rent is due on the 23rd of each month.

Now I have stumped up and paid is share of the rent to the agent to alleviate any problem with the agent, but what can I do? Ideally I want them out now, I have rented the property for 8 months on a short-hold assured joint tenancy prior to the new tenant moving in after the last moved out due to a job relocation.

Even though I can afford the rent and bills of the property solely, I am not prepared to let the other tenant now known as squatter to live rent free. He has also not contributed to any bills either.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X