• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

3mobile mid-selling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3mobile mid-selling

Hi I need some advice please. In Dec 2008 I was in Ireland and I got a phone call on my mobile from 3mobile UK saying my contract was coming to an end and did I want to re-new it, I said no as I would be in Ireland for 6months minimum. The 3mobile salesman said I could use my phone in Ireland just as I had used it in the UK. (£20 month for free mins and texts) I came back to uk for Xmas etc and then returned to Ireland for 3 months , when I returned to the uk my bank account was overdrawn as 3mobile had taken a substantial amount of money out of my account. I rang them and said the contract was no use to me and they had mis-sold this to me. I then returned to Ireland and I never used my mobile again then I returned to uk in sept 2009 then in 2010 I recieved a bill from 3mobile for £450 approx. I called them and said i would like to go to court to ask a judge to decide if I owed any money . I heard nothing for a couple of years then a company called Lowells started sending me dept collecting letters for this money , I told them I did not owe this money then nothing for a while. Now I'm getting letters from Bryan Carter solicitors. I now feel harassed and fed up of these people and I want to go to small claims court to recover the money 3mobile took from my account and the bank charges I incurred because of them and to quash the dept they are asking for now. Iv asked them for my phone records prior to dec 2008 and the records of the new contract they sold me after Dec 2008. I also asked for a copy of the phone conversation I had with the 3mobile salesman in Dec2008. Do I have a case or am I being to optimistic
    Tags: None

Re: 3mobile mid-selling

Hi,
    Have you sent 3 Mobile a Subject Access Request? I doubt they have the call from December 2008 but I reckon if the salesman was any good, he would have made some system notes about your requirements. You never know...

Comment

The issue I think you're likely to have is that they will have sent you the Terms & Conditions and details of the tariff you were on, I imagine Ireland would be a European "roaming" price tariff in the contract so you would have been advised of this at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by orfoster View Post
        The issue I think you're likely to have is that they will have sent you the Terms & Conditions and details of the tariff you were on, I imagine Ireland would be a European "roaming" price tariff in the contract so you would have been advised of this at that time.
        No I received nothing from them and the salesman said I would be charged as if I was in the UK I.e. £20 for an allowance of mins and texts that would be used first, but were never used . I knew I was going to be in Ireland for months that is why I said no to a new contract but the salesman said everything would be the same as it had been in UK. I just need the recording to prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mally332 View Post
          No I received nothing from them and the salesman said I would be charged as if I was in the UK I.e. £20 for an allowance of mins and texts that would be used first, but were never used . I knew I was going to be in Ireland for months that is why I said no to a new contract but the salesman said everything would be the same as it had been in UK. I just need the recording to prove it.
          Here is how to get it...http://www.three.co.uk/inforequest

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X