• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Revoked driving licence on medical grounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Revoked driving licence on medical grounds

How do I know! been there done that although my licence was never revoked

Comment

Did the police take any form of blood or urine for testing to determine fitness or unfitness to drive?
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by righty View Post
        No you can ask them direct to reconsider & it is the DVLA that arranges the assessment
        This http://www.dls.org.uk/advice/factshe...0(revised).pdf suggests they MAY reconsider.

s100 of the Road Traffic Act 1998 sets out the route of appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemLS View Post
          This http://www.dls.org.uk/advice/factshe...0(revised).pdf suggests they MAY reconsider.

s100 of the Road Traffic Act 1998 sets out the route of appeal.
          Precisely they'll consider. A bit different from applying to the mag court per se

Comment

Originally posted by righty View Post
            Precisely they'll consider. A bit different from applying to the mag court
            The law says otherwise, but as I made clear, I don't know what their practice is on receiving notice of intent to appeal.

Comment

I thought I'd answered a load of posts on here. I must have been dreaming.

Comment

Thanks for the replies ,I have got a Drs appointment in the morning as he told me a few weeks ago that my licence would be ok . Righty you are right it was all caused through a family rift that had been going on for a week or so the family member who informed the police of his accusations also did the same thing 4 days previous while I was on my way home from Preston ,and while I was on the motorway i was T-packed by three police cars and was told there was another one further down the way just incase I didnt stop and they had a stinger waiting .Police were not very happy for the lies told by this family member wasting police time .i have had no contact with family member for 3 yrs so don`t know why they have now all of a sudden started this up .

Comment

No blood test or urine test only had to blow in one of those machines for alcohol test and as I don`t drink that was zero

Comment

I have spoken to a solicitor ,but they want £1500 for consultation fee ,bit to much as only just paid £1000 for my insurance in September plus £350 deductable for repair of car .

Comment

What painkillers were taken, please? It is not for the police to decide whether you are unfit to drive. That is for the courts. A roadside breath test following a Road Traffic Collision is normal procedure. However, it can only be used to determine if a person has consumed alcohol. Any suspicion of driving whilst unfit through drugs would be subject to a blood or urine test.
                      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

The pain killers were co-codamol prescribed by DR ,and the accident was hit and run as the van driver came over into my lane on round about and I swerved to prevent being hit and he still clipped me and drove off .

Comment

Thank you blue Bottle ,as mentioned earlier as I was to tired to carry on with my journey I decided to pull into a lay-by to have a rest and this is the out come .

Comment

the pain killers are co-codamol that are prescribed by my DR ,the accident wa hit and run the van driver was coming across my lane from the left on the roundabout and I swerved right to avoid being hit by him ,my drivers side wheel got most of the damage and i mounted the roundabout so of course that then cracked the radiator underneath because there is a high curb .But a the end of the day I thought I done the right thing by pulling into a layby in the evening because i was to tired to carry on driving and also having back ache that is why I took 2 pain killers and must have fell asleep in the car .

Comment

But the question still stands ,will I have any chance of getting my licence back with my Drs approval as he is quite happy that I am fit and able to drive with no problems ...

Comment

The police can decide if someone has capacity (I'm not saying the OP didn't), and the family were saying the OP had said they wouldn't see them again.

That statement is very open to interpretation and I wonder if this is where the issue may have arisen.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X