• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Revoked driving licence on medical grounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Revoked driving licence on medical grounds

Quick up date about my licence ,received letter today saying they cannot accept the reapplication for my driving licence this is due to my Dr writing to them explaining my version of events relating to the accident. But they have said in order to get my licence back is for my Dr to send a medical report stating that I am well and stable enough to drive ,and this has to be done before January .So roll on Monday and I will be first on the phone for appointment to get this sorted .mashappy:

Comment

Just to keep you in the picture I have today seen my Dr and he has now told The DVLA that I have no medical problems or mental illness ,and I am safe to drive my car .So hopefully I should be back on the road in January .will keep you informed how thing`s go .Thanks to all who have responded to my topic.

Comment

Quick update , after sending another Drs letter to the DVLA last week stating that I have no health problems preventing me driving .I have today received a letter from the DVLA with a reapplication form for a new driving licence but also with it is a medical form why I do not know as they have all the information they need .mashappy:

Comment

Update as of today I am officially back on the road ,DVLA have returned my licence to me after a long 6 month wait .The reason why they kept my licence is due to new rules regarding prescribed or unprescribed medication ,they list the medications and 2 of them on the list i.e codeine and clonazipam which I am on both of these meds .They informed me that it is now standard policy to check with your GP that they are not being miss-used and also DVLA were also bogged down with many revoked licences which had to go through their medical advice team .

Comment

Excellent news, drive safely
            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Thank you Tools ,

Comment

Originally posted by fairy dust 49 View Post
                Update as of today I am officially back on the road ,DVLA have returned my licence to me after a long 6 month wait .The reason why they kept my licence is due to new rules regarding prescribed or unprescribed medication ,they list the medications and 2 of them on the list i.e codeine and clonazipam which I am on both of these meds .They informed me that it is now standard policy to check with your GP that they are not being miss-used and also DVLA were also bogged down with many revoked licences which had to go through their medical advice team .
                Glad to hear you are back on the road, Fairy Dust. My own experience of DVLA Driver's Medical Branch is that they err on the side of caution until they have all the information they need to make an informed decision and tend to be more helpful than some of the other departments at DVLA. Happy motoring. :car:
                Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Thank you Bluebottle ,yes I understand what you mean and can now appreciate their caution over medication .Just got to me that it took them so long to return my licence but as mentioned above they have been bogged down with other drivers medical conditions .But know thankfully it is over and I will make sure when I take meds I must eat something first lol to prevent any build up of codeine in my system ,a lesson learnt...

Comment

Basically, on medical grounds, your license has been suspended and you need not worry about it. The DVLA team will revert you back within six weeks of time. If you are making contact with DVLA, then you need to also call your doctor as DVLA advisors may want to get you examined. They can also take your driving test and on the basis of that, they will assess your driving skill and parameters. source:qwikfix.co.uk/dvla-contact

Comment

Thankyou for letting me join this forum. I have had an ongoing revocation of licence since feb this year, I have done everything required of me, however dvla keep coming up with something else. Help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X