• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Slooooooooooooooooooooow!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slooooooooooooooooooooow!

Is anyone else having this problem? When I load pages on LB (and it is only on LB this happens), the pages are very slow to complete loading. Often I can read a lengthy post, but the circle thingy (I think that's the technical word) is still going round and round in the URL bar.

Other sites load within about one second, LB pages take about 20-30 seconds. Any ideas anyone? :beagleThis reply is still going round a full minute or more after posting, though I can read the reply fine)
    Tags: None

Re: Slooooooooooooooooooooow!

Logout and clear cookies
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

I run C Cleaner every night, so all cookies and cache are cleared daily. It still does it. The odd thing is it doesn't affect what I can do, but the circle keeps spinning so the page has clearly not finished loading.

I'd put it down to my ancient laptop if it happened on any other site, but it doesn't. :beagle:

Comment

Even so, hit LOGOUT wait for the "cookies have been cleared" message and close your browser, reopen and log back in. Then come back to this thread and hit F5, see how long it takes to load.
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

The main part of the page load is fairly fast here, but some laginess preventing it loading fully that quickly is coming from the usual suspects. twitter images, scripts, widgets etc.

Comment

Also update to Firefox v33, you are running v32

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
              Even so, hit LOGOUT wait for the "cookies have been cleared" message and close your browser, reopen and log back in. Then come back to this thread and hit F5, see how long it takes to load.
              Taking about 8 seconds on average.

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
                The main part of the page load is fairly fast here, but some laginess preventing it loading fully that quickly is coming from the usual suspects. twitter images, scripts, widgets etc.
                Yes Nibbler, the Twitter Feed and Latest News Feed do slow it down, however it shouldn't be causing load times of over a minute as reported

Comment

Also update to Firefox v33, you are running v32
                  That could WELL be something to do with it. v32 was not good; 32.1 resolved a lot of bugs; I didn't realise v33 was out - thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombats View Post
                    LB pages take about 20-30 seconds. (This reply is still going round a full minute or more after posting, though I can read the reply fine)
                    8 second average is a massive improvement then :thumb:

Comment

Yes Nibbler, the Twitter Feed and Latest News Feed do slow it down, however it shouldn't be causing load times of over a minute as reported
                      I was getting some lag on other sites earlier where some twitter elements were timing out completely, but no, it's not usually on quite that scale.

Comment

Long time logging in having upgraded to FFv33. Took about a minute again. Now acceptable - will run with it and see how things go - thanks a lot.

Comment

Just adding to this, we find that LB is very much affected by comms speed as there is sooooo much going on! The new IE11 has a bit of a problem with the site as well (we think it is a memory leak as it only happens after hours on LB even on idle). This one is not fixed by restarting IE but needs a full reboot, but then it is an MS product so...

Comment

That doesn't sound good.

The site does log you out after a certain period of inactivity and occasionally on IE I have an issue of my cookies getting wonked out and logging in just clicks back to non logged in.
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The IE thing is caused by the number of objects on the page (we think) so a long thread with lots of sigs and smilies and so on eventually kills the machine just leaving the page open. Symptom is seen in task manager on the performance tab, low free memory and high "available" memory (another piece of fabulous MS incorrect labelling as available memory is NOT actually available). When you kill the offending page (LB) available drops and free increases showing you have found the culprit. This is but one of the interesting ways the MS memory model falls over (dis)gracefully.

Solution for LB would be to reduce the number of interesting replies to each thread. Hmmm perhaps there is a flaw in this suggestion

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X