• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice Needed Please!! Capquest Back from the dead.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Needed Please!! Capquest Back from the dead.

Hello again everyone......

And thanks to the people helping in my other thread, its gone quiet as ime waiting for cca from arrow but iam sure i will need more help on that soon....

Any way to the point not heard from capquest for around 2 years the alleged debt with them is due for stat barred in around 5 months
    so thats prob why there coming back at me..

Background : CCA request to them around 2 years ago they could not provide it at the time, they just sent me some photo copies of statments
    with a strange nasty letter saying "well do you deny these purchases"
    sent them letter back saying that was not what i asked for and never heard nothing from them till now!

NOW: Couple off weeks ago my mobile rang and it displayed a mobile number calling and it was capquest.
    would not answer security question, asked them how they got my number as its x-directory and its a new (ish) number., so the call ended!

Just received a letter sat saying they will be calling me back and can i please answer the security questions so they can discuss the account ?

just wondering what to do next ? what do use think ?

i was going to email them stating they could not provide a cca request 2 years ago and they have got my new mobile number illegally and go from there ??

or should i CCA request them again ??

What do you think guys / girls :doggieyes:

Thanks
    Jay
    Tags: None

Re: Advice Needed Please!! Capquest Back from the dead.

Do not get involved in any conversation with them. I assume you have proof that you sent them a CCA request and proof they received it. If so sit tight. They are probably trying to get an admission out of you before this becomes Stat Barred

Comment

Originally posted by ODC View Post
      Do not get involved in any conversation with them. I assume you have proof that you sent them a CCA request and proof they received it. If so sit tight. They are probably trying to get an admission out of you before this becomes Stat Barred
      Hi,

Ive been searching everywere and cant find any of the letters from 2years ago, ive moved house twice since.
      Last place is look in a couple of boxes in the loft.....

Should i still just sit tight even if i cant find the proof ? whats the chances of them getting it now if they couldnt get it 2 years ago ?

Comment

Nope there not in loft, could kick my self for not storing them away properly......
        sort of went to back of my head thinking i wouldnt hear from them again.

Comment

Originally posted by jayl6191 View Post
          Background : CCA request to them around 2 years ago they could not provide it at the time, they just sent me some photo copies of statments
          with a strange nasty letter saying "well do you deny these purchases"
          sent them letter back saying that was not what i asked for and never heard nothing from them till now!

NOW: Couple off weeks ago my mobile rang and it displayed a mobile number calling and it was capquest.
          would not answer security question, asked them how they got my number as its x-directory and its a new (ish) number., so the call ended!

Just received a letter sat saying they will be calling me back and can i please answer the security questions so they can discuss the account ?

just wondering what to do next ? what do use think ?

i was going to email them stating they could not provide a cca request 2 years ago and they have got my new mobile number illegally and go from there ??

or should i CCA request them again ??

What do you think guys / girls :doggieyes:
          I wouldn't say obtaining your mobile number was illegal, however, you could reply with a letter like the one below, preferably sent by recorded delivery. It's a bit more costly and time consuming than email but much more traceable and serious-looking.

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xxxx/2104, the contents of which are noted.

On XX/XX/XX, I requested a copy of the credit agreement for this account under sections 77/79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. You failed to comply with my request.

Sections 77/79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 state that the creditor should provide the debtor with a copy of the executed agreement and any other documents mentioned in the agreement as well as a statement of account. If these documents are not provided within 12 working days, the agreement becomes unenforceable, meaning that the creditor cannot recover the debt through the courts. Without production of the documents, I am not in a position to assess any liability for the alleged debt or whether there was a properly executed agreement for the account you mention.

As this account is clearly unenforceable, I expect you confirm that no further action will be taken and no further correspondence will take place.

Yours faithfully.
          As you already sent a CCA request and they were not able to comply, you don't need to send a new one at this stage.

Just because they tell you to answer the security questions so that you can discuss the account over the phone it doesn't mean you have to do as they say. :nono:

Comment

Hi,

Ive been searching everywere and cant find any of the letters from 2years ago, ive moved house twice since.
            Last place is look in a couple of boxes in the loft.....

Should i still just sit tight even if i cant find the proof ? whats the chances of them getting it now if they couldnt get it 2 years ago ?
            Nope there not in loft, could kick my self for not storing them away properly......
            sort of went to back of my head thinking i wouldnt hear from them again.
            Don't worry about providing proof that you sent a request, especially if it's the same company chasing you now as the one you sent the request back then. :thumb:

If they had actually sent a letter clearly stating they couldn't supply you with a copy because it was unavailable, it would have been a shame to misplace it, however, it looks like what you got didn't contain such an admission, so don't worry about the old letters. Send the one above and wait for their response. :ranger:

If the get stroppy and deny you have ever sent them a request, you can always send a new one but I'd wait and see what they have to say first.

Comment

Thanks very much :tinysmile_grin_t:

will get that posted asap

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X