• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

URGENT HELP - Barclay card default notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: URGENT HELP - Barclay card default notice

Andy you have been a great help. The payment will be made. Also I will do a check now and see where I stand.

Comment

No probs let us know how you get on.

Comment

I have checked my credit file and there is no mention of Barclay card on there and it has info from 2009 to present.

When end I took the card out I was registered at my parents address I have now moved and made Barclay card aware of this recently could this be case or would it still show as it is in my name so the address is irrelevant?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan1988 View Post
          I have checked my credit file and there is no mention of Barclay card on there and it has info from 2009 to present.

When end I took the card out I was registered at my parents address I have now moved and made Barclay card aware of this recently could this be case or would it still show as it is in my name so the address is irrelevant?
          Did the CRA not ask for previous addresses ?

There should be some record on there even if it is only of successful payments, sounds like the report has been searched using only your new address. this may not be a bad thing, are there other credit details on there relating to your time before you moved ?

I think I would try experian, yo can do the free trial, you get 30 days, you have to register with your credit/ debit card, but they do not draw on it for 30 days and once you have the info you van cancel the authority with your bank.

Personally if they do not have your previous address as linked, and it does or is likely to contain negative information i would not advise them of the fact.

This is what prospective lender will see of course should you apply for credit.

Comment

I checked again this morning it has my orevious address down for wverything but it also has related addresses down as my new address but no mention of barclays anywhere and there is info on there from 2009 until the present.

The £140 is being paid tomorrow and i am calling today, spoke to my mum this morning and it will be paid tomorrow so well before the deadline and i am lookig to
            pay the same each month going forward so i should be back to were i need to be in a reasonable amount of time.

I do appreciate all your help, more of a shock than anyghing else always nice to speak to someone who knows what they are talking about.

I will update you with the outcome of the call i have with them today.

Comment

Also it was an experian serch i did last night, not the noodle search. I remembered i had a experian account so i have used that.

my credit is "poor" but i am looking to change that and get back were i need to be.

Is there any pages i regards to giving advice on improving your credit rating etc?

Comment

Also it was an experian serch i did last night, not the noodle search. I remembered i had a experian account so i have used that.

my credit is "poor" but i am looking to change that and get back were i need to be.

Is there any pages i regards to giving advice on improving your credit rating etc?
                It depends on why the rating is poor, there are a variety of factors other than a poor repayment record. If for instance you ave little or no credit this can have a negative effect, as you have not established a track record. Also hey will look at any current credit and see what percentage of available credit is currently on cards, if they are near maxed this can also have a negative effect.

Noddle is a free service and a subsidiary of call credit, it sometimes contains different information to the other CRA and is also worth a look.

Comment

I have found that one of the best ways to significantly improve the rating in short order is to get a credit card an d use it for normal household purchases, but then and most importantly repay, in full, at the end of the month.

Comment

I was contemplating getting a card and using it for my monthly fuel costs and then pay that off at rhe end of the month so i have a regular repayment aswel as things auch as my mobile phone bill and barclay card which will be a regular payment from now on.

Would you tecommend any particular cards for people who have a poor rating?

Comment

I was contemplating getting a card and using it for my monthly fuel costs and then pay that off at rhe end of the month so i have a regular repayment aswel as things auch as my mobile phone bill and barclay card which will be a regular payment from now on.

Would you tecommend any particular cards for people who have a poor rating?
                      the usual ones are Vanquis, Capital one and Aqua. But I cannot stress enough the importance of repaying the amounts spent IN FULL at the end of the month. The APRs are very high and after you have had one for a few months they will try and temp you by increasing your available credit limit.

Comment

Sorry about the late reply, i have spoken to barclay card and the £140 is all sorted now with and £100 permmonth going forward ao double my contractual to get the balance down.

I asked about my credit file and the fact i couldnt see any barclay foot print as they have sent the default they said and when i made them aware there wasnt anything on my file they said not to say anything and that it maybe a system error at there wnd and they may not update my file for alme reason?

But as it is my issue is all sorted, just want to thank you again been a massive help.

Am going to look into the other card too and look to use it for fuel costs on a monthly basis.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X