• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - WGC Limited / WGC Limited - 23-9-2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim - WGC Limited / WGC Limited - 23-9-2014

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 23-9-2014
    Amount approx: 39946
    Claimant: WGC Limited
    Solicitor: Judge and Presely
    Original Credit: WGC Limited

Particulars of Claim:
    Hi, I am having this issue with this company and will try to explain the situation in detail...

In May 2014 my Barclays business account was abruptly closed without any explanation and after inquiring with Barclays as to why, they said they couldn't give me a reason. A month later, I had police knocking on my door saying that they are investigating a fraud case that involved one of my bank accounts. It turned out that a payment of £39,946 had been credited into my Barclays business account in May and the funds had been transferred out on the same day to another account. All this happened while I was out of the country and I explained that I did not have any knowledge of this. The police managed to identify the perpetrator who made the fraudulent transactions and it turned out that he worked for the finance department in the Claimant's company and in total had transferred over £100,000 to various accounts. Police are continuing their investigations.

In July, I then receive a County Court Claim from the Company that the funds came from (WGC Limited) asking me to pay back the above mentioned sum of money as they say I am responsible for the whereabouts of the moneys. They asked for my assets etc for the business and had my bank accounts frozen. I cant afford a lawyer and wanted to see where I stand in all of this. I am going for a court hearing tomorrow.

Thank you very much

Stat Barred? No

Have sent: Acknowledged the Claim

Other Info:
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X