• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ex has long standing mental health issues undiagnosed, no one is listening

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ex has long standing mental health issues undiagnosed, no one is listening

I think you should mention it to the SW/Cafcass officer - perhaps with the caveat that you have hesitated to do so in case it looked as if you're being vindictive.

The point is, that from what you have said above, both your ex and the children are at risk of lasting harm due to her psychological condition and she needs help urgently IMVHO.

The children are, as you've identified, at risk and you must protect them in all the ways you can.

Comment

I agree. I couldn't agree more. I know a lot but can prove very little. i'm so worried about next week. Will it look bad on me if I ask the police to do a welfare check whilst he is in her care? I am going to weigh him before and after the 5 day contacts and photograph him before he goes.

I need to know how to ensure the other boy is joined into the process

Comment

http://www.nspcc.org.uk/help-and-adv..._wda89787.html

Might be an idea to have a confidential chat - anonymous if you prefer. This will not be an unusual scenario to them and they will give sound, practical advice..

Comment

thanks again to all who have shown interest.

today i have managed to get more much needed advice. i can recomend coram 0808 802008 for free legal advice in england signposted by nspcc(thank you MissFM). also community legal advice (government body) were able to give local solicitors to me that offer free legal advice.

I should have said more in the directions hearing but its too late for that. i just have to monitor for evidence and keep a diary of behaviour changes and anger management. making referals could backfire and weaken my case it seems. i just have to hold tight, gather evidence as it comes and argue more effecctively for the section 7 welfare report at the next hearing.

thanks again x

Comment

Coram Children's Legal Centre

CCLC provides free legal information, advice and representation to children, young people, their families, carers and professionals, as well as international consultancy on child law and children’s rights. Child Law Advice Line: 0808 802 008 Family, child & education legal advice. Migrant Children's Project: 0207 636 8505 Mon-Fri 10am to 6pm Free legal advice on the rights of young refugees and migrants.

Who to contact

Telephone 08088 020008
            0808 802 008 He
            E-mailclc@essex.ac.ukWebsite http://www.childrenslegalcentre.com

Originally posted by dadworriedsick View Post
            thanks again to all who have shown interest.

today i have managed to get more much needed advice. i can recomend coram 0808 802008 for free legal advice in england signposted by nspcc(thank you MissFM). also community legal advice (government body) were able to give local solicitors to me that offer free legal advice.

I should have said more in the directions hearing but its too late for that. i just have to monitor for evidence and keep a diary of behaviour changes and anger management. making referals could backfire and weaken my case it seems. i just have to hold tight, gather evidence as it comes and argue more effecctively for the section 7 welfare report at the next hearing.

thanks again x
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X