Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Peninsula Business Services and their trading practices

• Display
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Peninsula Business Services and their trading practices

This Site is brilliant. I'm a sad consumer of the Peninsula in a business sense and paid for five years and will absolutely be looking towards the competition appeal tribunal. I only needed 12 months work and was backed into a corner for 5 years (That's fours Years for paying for something I didn't even want) and now they want another 12 months out of me. Take me court Peninsula I'm going to say, and you will never get another penny out of me.

My argument with them is that I sent a cancellation letter well before the six month end date of five years and they state they never received it. I do know a lot of businesses are actually making losses now we are in going through Brexit so they will be trying all kinds now to re-coup money.
    Last edited by Amethyst; 20th October 2016 at 08:14:AM. Reason: Removed personal comment.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Sorry to hear about your issues with Peninsula.

Unfortunately, to some degree, a business contract such as the one Peninsula pedal, is largely unregulated and a defence of coersion to enter the contract will be difficult to rely upon, legally.

The cancellation matter is much more arguable if you have adhered to the cancellation clause within the contract.

We would be happy to assist you with your matter that you notified Peninsula in good time to invoke the cancellation clause.

In order to do this, it would help to see the contract you signed (with personal details removed) and how you invoked the cancellation; i.e. Did you post letter by recorded delivery, etc?

There are also the other alleged issues relating to the contract as a whole which appear to be applicable to ALL of Peninsula's 36,000 client contracts; namely, allegations of misselling, beach of Financial Conduct Authority, ICOBS Rules and Fraud by Misrepresentation of the Contract (Fraud Act 2007).

Whilst these allegations have yet to be tested in court, a high profile QC Barrister has been appointed to provide a legal view on the probability of success in the civil courts and on a private basis.

If anyone is interested in the progression of these matters, please post your responses in this thread.

Yes, the Peninsula Directors Office do read this thread and forum, but I would suggest they use experienced, people to mitigate any public image damage, which they believe, legitimate posts such as this thread may cause their business.

Mentioned
    1211 Post(s)

I've modded your link for the moment.

I am afraid I think you are going up against the wrong people here. Your ET award is against your employer - Peninsular were merely their Hr advisors and the insurers through another company (Irwell) - your claim is against your ex-employer not Peninsular - if your employer hadn't paid the premiums - or had but had gone against the terms of the policy ( ie the direct discrimination / intentional clause) then that is your employers problem tbh - and you should enforce your award directly against the employer - that they don't have insurance etc sorted isn't your issue it is theirs. Your employers don't even appear to have made a claim on their policy so I'm not sure why you have been in contact with Peninsular or Irwell at all in any case. If Touch have an issue with Penninsular or Irwell then that is for them to take up. They need to pay you your award regardless of where they get the money from.

Do you have the ET award ? and do you know how to go about enforcing against your employer? Have you tried and had problems doing so ?
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Find Solicitors and Legal Services Providers offering fixed fees on our sister site - LBcompare.co.uk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345