Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Peninsula Business Services and their trading practices

• Display
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)

Default Re: Peninsula Business Services and their trading practices

Quote Originally Posted by PeninsulaBusinessServices View Post
    Hi @EXC be grateful if I knew your name too, the link you posted was a historical or legacy link unavailable for anyone to find unless you specifically typed it into the action bar. We really appreciated you took the time to dig and find this for us, as a result, we removed it to avoid any confusion you may have caused.
    No digging required on my part, Google found it. I'm sorry if I caused anyone 'confusion' in posting it but I think my post is fairly clear that I did so with the genuine intention of establishing clarity.
    Well, she's walking through the clouds, with a circus mind that's running wild
    butterflies and zebras, and moonbeams and fairy tales
    that's all she ever thinks about
    riding with the wind.

When I'm sad, she comes to me, with a thousand smiles she gives to me free
    it's alright, she says it's alright, take anything you want from me
    anything.

Fly on little wing.

Jimi Hendrix

Mentioned
    1606 Post(s)

We made several attempts to make contact with @MEME1981 when they originally posted, unfortunately, we never received a response. I am pleased they did contact us via private message overnight and I've given them the Directors Office contact details so we can get their situation resolved.
    That's great Thanks PBS.
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com

Mentioned
    1606 Post(s)

Hi @EXC be grateful if I knew your name too, the link you posted was a historical or legacy link unavailable for anyone to find unless you specifically typed it into the action bar. We really appreciated you took the time to dig and find this for us, as a result, we removed it to avoid any confusion you may have caused.
    Have you got the current terms posted anywhere ?

I realise the terms are entered into individually with your clients however it is sometimes useful to refer to the current general terms, and I'd imagine they would be useful pre-contractually for your clients.
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
    Have you got the current terms posted anywhere ?

I realise the terms are entered into individually with your clients however it is sometimes useful to refer to the current general terms, and I'd imagine they would be useful pre-contractually for your clients.
    We're in the process of a complete overhaul of our website, the terms page will be a part of this process
    I am an official company representative of Peninsula Business Services. LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

Mentioned
    1606 Post(s)

Super

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

We are currently have huge issues with Peninsula. We have never had a copy of our alleged contract or the insurance schedule. We have cancelled the direct debit and are currently being bullied by their credit control department and being threatened with litigation. We have written (sent by recorded delivery) and emailed on numerous occasions requesting copies of these documents but have been ignored. All they seem to want is the money. I have advised everyone in our locality not to entertain this company in any way shape or form. It seems to us that they con SME's into something which they neither want nor need with no 'get out' clause. Without the contract we are paying for something in the clouds??

Mentioned
    137 Post(s)

Hiya

I assume you signed a DD mandate, did you sign a separate contract? If so where did you sign it, your business premises?
    riding with the wind.

anything.

Fly on little wing.

Jimi Hendrix

Mentioned
    1606 Post(s)

Well they should have left a copy with you - which address have you used when writing to to request a copy ?

Do you recall what you actually signed up to - did they not leave anything with you regarding what the agreement entitles you to ( helpline / support / provision&drafting if documents etc etc) ? How many employees have you and how much was the contract for ? Was it over five years ?

Have you used any services since signing up ?

Did the sales rep leave you his/her direct details and have you spoken with them at all since signing up ?

How many DD payments did you make before cancelling ?

Sorry that seems like lots of questions

@PeninsulaBusinessServices - why would the office not just send a copy of the contract and insurance policy out to the client on request ? Seems a bit daft.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Well they should have left a copy with you - which address have you used when writing to to request a copy ?

Do you recall what you actually signed up to - did they not leave anything with you regarding what the agreement entitles you to ( helpline / support / provision&drafting if documents etc etc) ? How many employees have you and how much was the contract for ? Was it over five years ?

Have you used any services since signing up ?

Did the sales rep leave you his/her direct details and have you spoken with them at all since signing up ?

How many DD payments did you make before cancelling ?

Sorry that seems like lots of questions

@PeninsulaBusinessServices - why would the office not just send a copy of the contract and insurance policy out to the client on request ? Seems a bit daft.
    Hi @Amethyst, once we can identify the client I can look into all the issues raised, unfortunately, we can't identify them from their user name so I've asked them via PM to give me their account details. I'm just waiting on a reply from @ot2006
    I am an official company representative of Peninsula Business Services. LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

Mentioned
    1606 Post(s)

Thanks PBS How's the site overhaul going ? Can drag on a long time can't it...we're in the middle of upgrading the forum to a newer version of the software and it's interminable...lol.

@ot2006 if you can come back on and let PBS know your details they should be able to have a look at your account and see where the issue lies.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have had a great experience with Penninsula Business Systems and am happy to share this with everyone. The rules of engagement are to do exactly as they advise and you will get the right result. If you feel any advice needs to be checked again on their part query this and it will be checked for you. I can very highly recoomend HR Face to Face consultancy service - so professional!! Very staisfied customer.

Mentioned
    1606 Post(s)

Thanks for the comment @Customer_EDinburgh - I haven't heard of the HR Face to Face consultancy before? What does that involve ? - do they come to you or do you go to them? and is that an additional service or come under the standard contract ?

Mentioned
    137 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Customer_EDinburgh View Post
    I have had a great experience with Penninsula Business Systems
    Just so there's no confusion, Penninsula Business Systems (at least the one with just 2 'n's in 'Peninsula') are in liquidation https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04955631

You must mean Peninsula Business Services.
    riding with the wind.

anything.

Fly on little wing.

Jimi Hendrix

Mentioned
    137 Post(s)

I haven't heard of the HR Face to Face consultancy before?
    Here https://www.peninsulagrouplimited.co.../hr-face2face/

What does that involve ? - do they come to you or do you go to them? and is that an additional service or come under the standard contract ?
    It looks like it might be an added value service but it's tough to say without seeing the terms.
    riding with the wind.

anything.

Fly on little wing.

Jimi Hendrix

Mentioned
    1606 Post(s)

Ahhhh, hadn't come across that before thanks EXC. So they use a consultant to come in and assist with disciplinary meetings / mediation etc. A good idea to ensure things are done correctly procedurally and keep the personal feelings out of it, particularly in small businesses, but yes, as you say, there don't seem to be any terms or idea of costs on the site so tough to quantify.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi @PeninsulaBusinessServices -

I took over a Company (APP095) that were in a contract with Peninsula HR services, I was assured it was a 1 year contract from the previous Director and it had expired. I went ahead and tried to cancel the contract, only to find out later from Peninsula that it was actually a 5 year contract without a break clause. I spoke to the previous director who assured me of the 1 year contract and is still adamant that the sales rep verbally assured him that he can cancel anytime after 1 year as long as we gave six months notice.

I have just bought the Company and this can be verified via companies house. I was not expecting to be bounded in a five year contract with a company whos services I do not require. I received an email from Peninsula stating that the account is in litigation but they will consider wiping the slate clean if I sign up to a new contract. I went ahead and replied to the email and they sent a sales rep out to see me. I explained to them that I don’t need Peninsula HR support and wont ever need to use them but was cornered and had to take a contract out to stop litigation. So I agreed a new contract for 36 months at £206 a months. The sales rep assured me that all existing debt would be erased, as this new contract will supersede the existing one. He said for account purposes he cannot sign a new contract with the old company and I have to use a different company, fortunate for me I have a few companies, so I used another company and signed the contract.

Later that evening I emailed the sales rep and the original Peninsula contact (Jon Valentine) and no one replied. I then emailed a further 3 times over the next three days and no reply. I then called Jon Valentine and Wesley Strang (Sales rep) and they both said that they can’t wipe away the existing debt and my new contract stands, regardless of the conversation I had with the sales rep (Wesley Strang)

I have been tricked into signing a new contract to supersede my old contract and the best of it is that I don’t even need it and never intend to use it. It was purely only set up to avoid costly legal action and a low affordable monthly payment opposed to a large court order. Surely this cannot be allowed, firstly a 5 year contract without a get out clause and then me being duped into a new contract with a false promise. The way I have been lied to, makes me believe the old Director was duped too. This only happened on Wednesday 16th August 2017.

I don’t think its fair that a company can offer you a new contract with the promise that all old accounts will be wiped away, then go back on their word and insist now not only do you have an old contract but a new one to deal with too.

Surely if taken to court a judge cant expect a small business to adhere to a five year contract with no break clause, and if they were to expect a small business to pay for the remaining times worth of profits then the service would remain for the duration wheras it has been suspended and I am not receiving the service.

Peninsula is ignoring me.

Mentioned
    137 Post(s)

Hiya

Just to clarify, the first contract was with a company you had bought but the second (replacement) contract was with a separate company you already owned?

Do you have the original contract?
    Last edited by EXC; Yesterday at 06:59:AM.
    riding with the wind.

anything.

Fly on little wing.

Jimi Hendrix

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for the quick reply!

Yes, you got it right with the companies. The salesman stated that he cannot make a new contract on the existing company, so i made it out on another company. Now both companies are wrangled in a mess!

ill upload the original contract when I'm at work tomorrow, but i have attached the new contract to this post, its for 36 months.

The way i looked at it was.... Peninsula are suing me for around 8k, they will go to court and it will cost me probably around 10k all in all and i won't even get the service. So if i sign up to a new deal, i won't need to make a lump sum payment and i can take advantage of the service for 3 years. its the best i thought i would get out of a bad situation. Little did i know that i would end up with 2 contracts! Ive not slept since i signed the contract!

Below is the link to the contract via my drop box account, i hope the link works.

Mentioned
    137 Post(s)

Thanks. I've removed the link for now so I can redact the identifying information and I'll post it back up.

. I received an email from Peninsula stating that the account is in litigation but they will consider wiping the slate clean if I sign up to a new contract.
    Do you have the e-mail and did you reply to it?
    riding with the wind.

anything.

Fly on little wing.

Jimi Hendrix

Mentioned
    137 Post(s)

Redacted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Faisal 2 Redacted.jpg  
    riding with the wind.

anything.

Fly on little wing.

Jimi Hendrix

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the email on my server, I will also forward that to you tomorrow. I called the number on the email, then was sent an email confirmation with appointment times etc.

Mentioned
    137 Post(s)

Ok thanks. So does the original contract state a term duration (ie 1 or 5 years) ?
    riding with the wind.

anything.

Fly on little wing.

Jimi Hendrix

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The original contract was for 5 years, it had been around 16 months into the contract. The previous director was told it can be cancelled after 12 months by giving 6 months notice.

I also found the original email you requested, see attachment.

Peninsula without Prejudice offer

Good afternoon

Firstly please let me explain I am not from our credit or legal team, I am from Peninsula's retention team.

As you are probably aware your Peninsula account has been passed to our legal team to litigate your agreement.

I propose something different.

We'd like to offer a chance of a clean slate, We'd like to explain and reiterate the services from Peninsula
    I want to scrap your original agreement completely and supersede it with a new one. It will require a new agreement to be negotiated and signed, but this will clear all past history and arrears. The new agreement can be completely different to the original agreement.

There is a small window of opportunity to take up this offer
    Please let me know by reply, if you would like to set up a meeting.

PLEASE COME BACK TO ME BY 2PM ON THURSDAY 6TH APRIL IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO LOOK AT THIS

It is important that if you want to look at this option we arrange a meeting ASAP as if a new agreement is not agreed we will continue with proceedings.

Kind regards and thank you for your time.

Last edited by EXC; 20th August 2017 at 17:56:PM.

Mentioned
    137 Post(s)

The e-mail is pretty explicit about wiping the original contract subject to agreeing a new one.

It's marked 'without prejudice' but what was the status of the litigation at that point? Had they begun proceedings or sent a letter before action prior to you receiving the e-mail? I'm just wondering if a without prejudice status applies to pre-litigation correspondence/offers. @Amethyst ?
    riding with the wind.

anything.

Fly on little wing.

Jimi Hendrix

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That email was sent prior to court proceedings, I get confused when it comes to all this legal jargon 'without prejudice' etc. It looks like I've been tricked and makes me believe the previous director even more so as I doubted him at first, but now I know how the company operates.

This contract applies to a children's nursery. As you and everyone is aware, children nurseries are struggling to operate with lower and lower government support and high running costs. This particular nursery was on the verge of closure when I took it over and now im working very hard along with the rest of staff to keep it afloat. Unfortunately with a possible high get out of contract price, the nursery won't be able to afford that and will ultimately lead to closure. I don't know why companies like this hold small business's to ransom, all they have to do is check public accounts and see that the company is making losses and cannot afford settlement. They use this tactic to start another contract, because of cash flow issues. Its made me have sleepless nights ever since. I have left a review for them on trust pilot and I intend to get all my staff to leave them a review along with all 60 parents as this is going to have detrimental affect on all the nursery users and staff. This money can be used for much needed nursery resources and trips. I'm saddened by this whole experience.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast