• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Statute Barred or can of worms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statute Barred or can of worms

HI Everyone,

Thanks for the ongoing advice. i can really say that you have helped me a great deal.

I have two what i believe to be very old debts on my credit file, which seem to be going up and up and up yet i never receive any correspondence from them.

To my knowledge i haven't made any payment or acknowledgement of this for a very long time.

i understand that after 6 years you can apply for it to be Statute Barred

- Is there a way of finding out when a payment was made

- if i apply for it to be stature barred do i need to go to court?

- will the debt literally just be taken off my credit file??

Thank you again for any advice.
    Tags: None

Re: Statute Barred or can of worms

You don't have to apply for SB its arrives automatically after 6 years from your last payment or acknowledgment of the debt unless its secured by deed (mortgage, secured loan) then its 12 years

Comment

You could mention to the CRA's that its time barred & ask they remove them but don't hold your breath

Comment

Thanks Righty,

is is there anyway of me being able to find out if it had been SB or when it would become so.

Comment

Check with Ame but I suggest you keep quiet. After all its upto them to prove it isn't SB'd

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X