• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Insurance claims section

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance claims section

Hi Reader,

I have a couple of insurance claims issues, is there a section I should post these in? If not can you please put one up, so I and anybody with insurance related issues can ask and give advice.

Just to add to this; I have water leaking into my cellar, I contacted the insurers who said somebody would visit me to assess the damage and organize repairs. Then I got a call from the assesser, she (Sharon stone) Would visit me a week from friday. I was disgusted so I have taken charge of getting it fixed. I contacted two builders who are visiting me tomorrow to assess and make a report for me to submit to the insurers. I think the leak is from a soil and waste pipe, so crap is leaking into the cellar and stinking out the house and I'm stuck here all day every day. That can't be healthy.
    I phoned the insurers back, who were not too happy that I had taken control, they then agreed liiving with the problem for another week and half can't be healthy and they agreed to pay the lesser of the two estimates.

Thank you,
    Your loyal slave,
    Hod..Liam..
    Last edited by Happyolddog; 19th February 2008, 14:59:PM. Reason: added loads to.
    Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Re: Insurance claims section

have they agreed to pay the builder direct, or have they said they will reimburse YOU!?

I would make that clear before giving the go ahead! that way you wont end up out of pocket.

Comment

I will be paying up front, they reimburse me the costs minus £50 excess.

Best wishes,
      Hod...Liam..
      Last edited by Happyolddog; 19th February 2008, 15:49:PM.
      Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

yer Secrets Safe Liam Honest

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
          yer Secrets Safe Liam Honest
          Yes, your secret is safe on this public/consumer forum

If it is me, i would be deleting that bit :tinysmile_tongue_t:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X