• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hedgey Vs Natwest Credit Card + Default

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hedgey Vs Natwest Credit Card + Default

Hi guys - I had a Natwest Visa card (only had something like a £4 to 500 limit on it) that I was defaulted against with. The first I knew about the default (seriously) was when I checked my credit file.

I repaid the outstanding amount to a DCA that Natwest had passed the debt over to - and I can't find any details of the account (number etc) anywhere in the house.

I may be trying to flog a dead horse with this one - but is there any way at all that I can find out:

a) the account number
    b) why I only found out about the default by checking my credit file
    c) can I get the default removed?

And also, can I go after them for charges even though they defaulted the account (I did pay it all up in the end). Thanks in advance folks!

Hedgey xx

COURTESY OF NATTIE:

How can NatWest find an account that had been closed?

This advice is specifically for those who's account was open on or prior to October 2002 and my information is unfortunately incomplete for post October 2002, to which I apologise.

Why is October 2002 an important date?

On 4th October 2002, NatWest PLC computer system ran for the last time. On October 5th 2002 RBS Group PLC computer system became live with real time banking.

Nice info but why is this important?

Effectively NatWest PLC computer system froze in time at the above date. The old NatWest PLC produced a note on customer accounts everytime correspondence, marketing, complaints and charges- when a letter WAS actually sent out to you on every ocassion/

How does that help me to get my account number?

The new RBS Group PLC computer system still has access to the old system called the NatWest Archive which has a search system under name, sort code and gender. Very simple and accessible to all branch staff. So if your account was open on October 5th 2002 then you can go to your branch and get the account number with simple straightforward information.

What else would I need?

Address details for October 2002, identification for yourself(or the branch would be in breach of Data Protection Act and ID procedures) and the details mentioned above,

What about for accounts after October 2002?

On this point I have to apologise and state that this information is incomplete in my knowledge although I am sure that I will have the info eventually and will post. For what its worth NatWest can do a search under name and branch name but it may be difficult to confirm account details as there is no address on this search engine.

Additional Information: A lot of staff working for RBS Group PLC Data Protection Unit are unaware of a search engine to locate accounts so i thought i would add it here.
    Back Office 04, 26, 45, option 1 or 2(memory lapse as one of them orders statements for Oct 2002 and prior to it). This produces 12 options one of them is a search facility. You do need the sort code of the branch you opened the account at plus the post code, Date Of Birth, name, but it takes approximately 30 seconds and any NatWest employee can find it.

I hope this information helps and I would apologise that my information for post October 2002 accounts opened and closed is not complete.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Also, it doesnt matter that you were defaulted, you can still reclaim all charges.

Indeed if the charges were more/same than the default amount then you have a good chance of getting default removed.

They should have informed you in writing of the default but I have heard of many cases where this hasnt happened.

At the very least the account should be marked satisfied, but personally I'd chase hard to get default removed entirely.

Surly has got a default removal section in Consumer Fighters, its still under construction but it will detail the exact process for clearing up your credit record.
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thanks Celestine - I'm definitely going for it after this response! My credit file does say satisfied, but I can't any kind of credit at all (even got turned down when I tried to open a parachute account!)

I don't have any details whatsoever on this account though, so it may take me a while to post back on here with an update!!

Thanks again, hedgey xxx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X