• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Stock damaged by 3rd Party

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stock damaged by 3rd Party

Th e removals firm, and all the others you have spoken to, should for their own protection report a possible claim to their insurers.
    The fact it was an "accident" doesn't release them from any liability. "Accidents" don't just happen, something causes them, generally negligence!
    Better referred to as "incidents".

IMO, as no one is putting their hands up, and if you feel up to it, the next stage has to be LBA to all, and advise them to contact their liability insurers, or instruct solicitors if you don't want to act for yourself (but watch the costs)

And yes you can claim consequential losses flowing directly from their fault

Comment

Just seen this. Thank you.

I will post a letter up when I feel able and have time. Way too much going on at present.

Comment

After a very long lull, I never furthered this but my business partner has mentioned it again.

As many of you will know we had some very serious allegations to deal with so they took precedence.

Am I still able to make a claim for damages on this despite it having happened more than 12 months ago?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
            Yes.
            Thank you. So I just do a Money Claim Online and follow the procedure which is presumably all logically set out?

Comment

First you need to send an LBA to all you intend suing, in accordance with Civil Procedure Rules https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...action_conduct
              See para 6.
              If you want, before mailing it feel free to post up your LBA (suitably redacted) here for comments

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X