• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

confused by small track claim forms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confused by small track claim forms

Hello,

Could you please help?

I received a claim form from Northampton CC( see attached) MKDP LLP acting for barclaycard, claiming £3022.00.

This debt has been sold several times, I've never communicated with the DCAs ,

Sent back a letter ( see attached) asking for a copy of the original agreement and a copy of a certified deed of assignment.

Then received notice of proposed allocation to small claims track from Northampton CC.

I responded ticking yes mediation and yes to agree it was suitable for small claims track.

Next day I received an identical form from MKDP, ( see attached)

However they have ticked no to agreeing it suitable for the small claims track.

What shall I do?

They have not responded to my letter.

I wish to contest the claim against me, will I have to attend court? - if so do I just repeat what I have asked for in my letter?

Thank you.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: confused by small track claim forms

Have you been on ''get out of debt free'' ? bloody perjury grrr. Anyway, ignore that, to get to allocation/directions N180, you must have entered a defence to the court so could you please post that up in full. If you're not sure have a look on MoneyClaimOnline and you should still be able to see what you entered on there.

Did you send a formal CCA request with £1 at any point ? or just that letter?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Also can you scan in MKDP's Directions Questionnaire please.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        Have you been on ''get out of debt free'' ? bloody perjury grrr. Anyway, ignore that, to get to allocation/directions N180, you must have entered a defence to the court so could you please post that up in full. If you're not sure have a look on MoneyClaimOnline and you should still be able to see what you entered on there.

Did you send a formal CCA request with £1 at any point ? or just that letter?
        All I did was send the attached letter back with the original claim form. I have not written a defence. I have sent cca request in in the past, but no copy of original agreement

Comment

just registered on to moneyclaim online - they are asked for a password that as in my claim pack - I haven't received a claim pack!

Comment

This form
            is the front of your claim pack and has the claim number and password on

- should have an N9B with it ? How did you acknowledge and defend the claim ?

Or go back to the start and list what you did

1) Received claim form
            2) wrote to MKDP
            3) acknowledged the claim... how?
            etc
            etc
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Also, your letter says you didn't borrow any money off of Barclaycard ? did you have a Barclaycard and use it ?

And where did that letter come from ?
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                Also, your letter says you didn't borrow any money off of Barclaycard ? did you have a Barclaycard and use it ?

And where did that letter come from ?

Yes, did us my Barclaycard

I was responding to the particulars of claim, stating Barclaycard debt was assigned to the claimant.

Comment

Okay not a problem. Any chance you can find what defence you entered?
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

hi,

The letter attached to my original post - the one beginning " I wish to redeem.." was sent back to Northampton, I thouight this was enough - I haven.t filed any other defence

Comment

If only it was that simple!
                      Plenty of help on LB for you to defend this.

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                        If only it was that simple!
                        Plenty of help on LB for you to defend this.
                        Thank you,

I had used the same letter twice before - and never heard anymore. Guess I was being naive.

what are the next steps?

Comment

So that letter went to Northampton Court and is being treated as your defence.

Little bit of remedial work needed in that case.

You need to apply to amend your defence. This will cost you £50 application fee unless you are on a very low income and have no assets or on particular benefits - if you look up the EX160 on the hmcs site this gives you all the details on fee remission. I need to see MKDP's directions form too please, so upload a copy of that.

Have you sent anything to the claimants at all ? If not you need to send a CCA request TODAY with a £1 payment to MKDP. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...y-of-Agreement .
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

You did hear more, you got a court claim, so they DO NOT work. They might stall things a bit, mainly because the DCA's and solicitors are rolling about laughing and can't be arsed to respond and just sell it on to someone who can be bothered to deal with it, usually by submitting a court claim, but they don't work and are full of utter b*ll*cks basically.

Sorry if that sounds a bit shouty, I'm not shouty at you, just at the idiots who peddle this stuff as a solution to debt problems.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks, MKDP direction attached, sending cca requested today and going on line re; the Defence, I'm on JSA so should get some help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X