• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt Collectors - Tax

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt Collectors - Tax

Hello

To cut a long story short my wife has a long term illness and we got into debt after her having to give up work, she has a illness that she will not recover from, and around 18 months ago we had a letter from Tax credits about over payment that spanned in 2007, so it was quite a while ago. I explained our hardship and lack of money since my wifes illness and the lady kindly agreed to defer it as we were trying to pay all of our debts. A few weeks ago another letter about the same money.

When I spoke to someone at HM Customs they said it had been passed to Advantis, the very day after we got a letter from this company Advantis. I called them and spoke to them and this flippant man, when I was speaking he was arguing over me and he was just not listening, he said I had to pay all of it £1700. I pointed out that we have a very limited income and are paying off a lot of other debts. He challenged me on my expenditure etc, so I wrote a letter which I sent signed for delivery and heard nothing back for two weeks.

On Saturday 20/9/14 a letter arrived and I firstly noticed the post date was 9 days when written? I had offered £10 which we really are struggling due to other debts, the reply I got from Advantis was that they wanted £690.00 over 3 months ???? where do they get that figure from???

I have had all of our debts and money left over done through the government debt counselling services. Since the letter on Saturday they keep calling the house phone, and I honesty don't know what I am going to do. I wondered could somebody kindly advise me what I can do please ???

Can I not go back to HM customs since they have passed it to advantis who are clearly ignoring my offer of payment, I am offering to pay and why would they honestly think I could pay £690.00 when I offered £10 month, it just seems ridiculous.

Any suggestions please ?????
    Last edited by jasmine12; 24th September 2014, 11:08:AM. Reason: no replies
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X