• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

default not recorded on unsecured loan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• default not recorded on unsecured loan

Hi...Just wondering if anyone has any advise or case history relating to Lenders not recording a default to an account and the info staying on the credit report as active?
    I took an unsecured loan out in 2006 and made regular payments until May 2008.
    My credit report shows the account as not being paid since May 2008 and the amount outstanding and 54 "6's" as late payments. The account was last updated May 2013.
    My loan was taken out with the lender, who have since passed the debt on and this new company is now writing to me.
    I was never informed by the lender as to this and my credit report does not show this either.
    Under the DPA the lender should have defaulted my account 3-6 months after the last payment was made, I want to write to the lender asking them to rectify this, however, I dont want to re-ignite a debt of 9k which is now surely SB at the same time.
    If anyone has any views as to the best way forward to repair the credit entry and stop the harassment of letters (other than part with 9k of course!) please let me know
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X