• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can't serve Order to attend Court for Questioning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't serve Order to attend Court for Questioning

This morning I went to the home of my debtor to serve her with an order to attend court for questioning. This follows the judgement by default I won against her after she failed to reply. This was done via MCOL

Her father came to the door and told me that the debtor is now living in another city. Then her mum came to the door and told me she has gone travelling. Thanks to social media activity I know that she does live at that address. Previous correspondence I have sent there has received a reply.

What do I do now?

I cannot attempt delivery again. I was asked to leave by her elder brother, which I did, and when I was sat in my car around the corner from their home, I was confronted by her father who had to be held back by her elder brother.

Can I phone the court on Monday and explain to them that she will not come to the door (their living room window views who is at the door) and that her parents have lied about her whereabouts. Will they let me post the order?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X