• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bwlegal sent a letter claiming i have a ccj

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bwlegal sent a letter claiming i have a ccj

I received a letter today saying that bwlegal had taken out a ccj against me for £800.

I never received any letters / documents from the courts.

The ccj date is may 2014, this is the first I have heard regarding any court action.

I have had lowells chasing me, but for a credit card agreement with barclays. My account with Barclays is and always has been paid on time, they were mistaken or lying.

The debt was from a closed bank account (Lloyds TSB), at the time when the account was closed (2010) I was in dire financial trouble and couldn't afford to pay the debt (which was around £500).

I have not acknowledged this debt since around 2008, I think the default was in May 2010.

The ccj was taken out against the wrong address, I moved from there almost two years ago.

I have no idea which court was used for the ccj, checked with noodle and was very surprised to find that there is indeed a ccj against me, until now I had no idea.

What should I do.
    Tags: None

Re: bwlegal sent a letter claiming i have a ccj

It will have been with Northampton county Court business centre - can you give them a call and see if they can send you a copy of the order, and ask them to send you the N244 form so you can apply to set aside the CCJ.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: bwlegal sent a letter claiming i have a ccj

Thank you for your advice.

I now have the form, along with the judgement and case details.

I no longer have any details regarding the account listed in the paperwork so have no way of knowing if it is a genuine account number or not.

What is interesting is that lowells have been bombarding me with letters and phone calls to my landline number for over a year, but bwlegal served the papers using my old address, an address incidentally I did not supply to them or Lloyds TSB.

What should I put on the N244 form as my reason for asking for the judgement to be set aside ?, should I include served to wrong address as well as no proof of the debt and statute barred ?

Should I include a witness statement or just rely on statement of case ?

I have no paperwork whatsoever to support the claim form, does this hinder me much ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X