• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bournes Debt Solutions (Bournes Limited) - FCA requirements & administration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bournes Debt Solutions (Bournes Limited) - FCA requirements & administration

http://www.fca.org.uk/your-fca/docum...s-limited-vreq

And fro their license.

Requirement 1

There is a Requirement linked to this permission. Please see
    http://www.fca.org.uk/your-fca/docum...s-limited-vreq to view details.

Requirement 2

Firm Asset Requirement

With effect from 1 September 2014, the Authority has decided to impose a requirement on the Firm, under section 55L of the Act, such that the money in the Firm's bank accounts may not, so long as the requirement is in force, be dealt with in any way without written consent from the Authority.

Additional Requirements

With effect from 1 September 2014, the Authority has decided to impose
    the following additional requirements on the Firm, pursuant to section 55L and section 55N of the Act, namely that the Firm must:

(a) by 17 September 2014 cancel all direct debits it has set up with its clients;

(b) by 17 September 2014 notify in writing all clients (the wording to be agreed in advance by the Authority) with whom it has set up direct debits, that the direct debit is to be, or has been, cancelled;

(c) by 17 September 2014 notify in writing all creditors of all clients (the wording to be agreed in advance by the Authority) that the payments that it was due to make to creditors, on behalf of its clients, will be postponed until further notice;

(d) by 17 September 2014 notify in writing all clients (the wording to be agreed in advance by the Authority) from whom the Firm receives funds by way of standing order, that the clients should cancel all standing orders they may have with the Firm;

(e) return any funds that are received from clients by way of standing order or otherwise either on or after the date of this Notice within 7 days beginning with the day on which the funds are received;

(f) by 17 September 2014 provide the Authority with a copy of the written notifications referred to in sub-paragraphs (b), (c) and (d) above together with a list of all clients and/or creditors to whom such notifications have been sent.

£0 - £500
    14.29%
    £500 - £1k
    14.29%
    £1k - 3k
    14.29%
    £3k - 5k
    14.29%
    over £5k
    42.86%

The poll is expired.

Tags: None

Re: Bournes Debt Solutions (Bournes Limited) - FCA requirements

Seems from OTR that this was another firm that was building up 'pots' of money rather than paying everything to creditors as they should have been.

Originally posted by Bournes customer
    Part of the DMP with Bournes was that they paid all my creditors an agreed amount monthly from my payment but they also put some into a pot to accrue. Then they used this to offer final settlement payments to my creditors.
    It is this money I would like to see returned too but I fear the worse.
    Hard to say what has happened to those funds without much more info, but you fear the worst with these cases as the news is rarely good. :/

Comment

Sigh, this happens FAR too much.

OTR being MSE or the other one?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=5059267

Comment

Have we any news on whether their was anything left in the 'client' account for the people who had this F&F settlement plan ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            Have we any news on whether their was anything left in the 'client' account for the people who had this F&F settlement plan ?
            Any news on what will happen to money in the holding accounts would be very appreciative. I have a large sum of money with them and am really worried.

Comment

They don't appear to have gone into Administration so hopefully it isn't a Debt Help & Advice/FSF type situation and more like Debt & Claims where the DMP book is sold on and the client account is safe.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Doesn't really prove much, but....

Company Details
                Name & Registered Office:
                BOURNES LIMITED
                229 NOTTINGHAM ROAD
                EASTWOOD
                NOTTINGHAM
                NG16 3GS
                Company No. 06672088
                Date of Incorporation: 13/08/2008

Country of Origin: United Kingdom
                Company Type: Private Limited Company
                Nature of Business (SIC):
                64999 - Financial intermediation not elsewhere classified
                Accounting Reference Date: 31/08
                Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/08/2013 (TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL)
                Next Accounts Due: 31/05/2015
                Last Return Made Up To: 13/08/2014
                Next Return Due: 10/09/2015

Comment

for £100 lol.

Last years accounts show £47k in the bank but almost as much in the way of liabilities.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

229 Nottingham Road looks very prestigious

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.01...KR7m50E3LA!2e0
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Positively healthy compared to the accounts of some of these companies then.

Comment

Just spoke to the FCA.....as much use as a chocolate tea pot due to confidentiality. Basically got to wait for the letter that I should be receiving by the 17 September. Was wondering if anyone out there has received a letter from them yet or have managed to speak to Bourne's direct?

Comment

This is their Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/BournesDebtSolutions- some other 'victims' on there but no further information.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Just phoned the shop next door to there offices.....there are plenty of people in the office but no-one would come and talk to me. I'm guessing the fact they are in the offices working is a good sign.

Comment

Does anyone know any more????

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X