• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Baby steps to get out of debt, help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Baby steps to get out of debt, help

Originally posted by andy58 View Post
    I think you may have done this already, but if not , you need to do a spreadsheet with all you income and outgoings on it, include all your incidental essential expenses, travel costs hair cuts etc., then see what you disposable income is.

You can then phone your provider, I generally recommend payplan, but i understand that step change are equally as good if not better.
    They will try and talk you into a IVA, personally I would not touch one with a barge pole, they tie you into an arrangement and there is no guarantee that the debt will be expunged after the term no matter what they say.
    With a DMP once set up you can review your repayments up or down as your available income alters. so I would stick with a DMP. Usually they will give you a reference number on your first cal and arrange for a case worker to ring you back for your financial details, when you get the number you can ring your bankDCA and tell them that you are suspending payment and that they will be receiving an arrangement plan from the DMP supplier, they should give you 30 days breathing space before they bother you further.

Thank you, I was think along these lines. Is it worth sending "Prove it Letters" to DCAs?

Comment

I think you have decide which path you want to take. You could send prove it letters as you say, and chase copy agreements etc. but fro m the sound of it your agreements are all post 2007 so the chances of them being found to be unenforceable should push come top shove is remote. Of course there is no saying that they would ever pursue these debts in court, Lowell are recently , but you may be lucky, it really is upto you.

Many on here would advise that you send letters and CCA requests in order to continually dodge the debt untill SB, depends on whether you can put up with the pestering of the creditors or not, and also if you have the disposable income to conformable pay a repayment plan

Comment

In any case I would contact your bank and ask them to terminate your overdraft and freeze interest, offer a payment of 10-20 month and tell them that you will provide proof of I and e if required, you need to get the interest on that loan stopped in my opinion as a matter of priority.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X