• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Out of court settlement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of court settlement

On 13th August I received a letter regarding a debt in my maiden name (I have been married 10 years) I have no recollection of this amount or the claimant. I sent a reply on 14th asking for proof (copy of agreement, other documents and statement of account).

They proceeded to court anyway and I filed a defense requesting the same information and the court asked them to provide it (I have no idea in what timescale) but I set a timescale of 12 working days (as per the statutory requirement). During that time i have received a letter from the small claims court asking for mediation, and to nominate a court, I wrote back to them on 26th August telling them I still hadn't had proof... I have still not received this info but on 1st sept I have received a request to settle out of court.

Can I assume this is because they haven't got the info and cannot go to court. The letter i sent states if the 12 working day deadline in not meant the debt becomes unenforceable is that correct...
    How do i respond to this request, I am not agreeing to anything until i have proof its mine.
    Tags: None

Re: Out of court settlement

What do the particulars of claim state?

What was said for the settlement offer?

Comment

Nothing. They want me to fill in an I & E form. However they haven't yet replied to my request for more information. They said they acknowledged receipt of the request and would comply with the court instructions. The 'case' has been transfered to my local court.

Comment

What do the Particulars of Claim state?

If the Court stated a direction for disclosure then they must surely have given a date for this?

Comment

not that i have been told no, they just said they would comply with the courts wishes

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X